Chapter Three:

" So, why did you decide to join my dad's mafia in the first place?"

" You're going to keep asking me questions, aren't you?"

" Yes,"

Damon placed his glass of champagne down and turned his body towards Lana's. It was late in the afternoon and the two sat by the balcony, taking in the warm breeze. Oh and of course, having a glass of champagne before a meeting with Mr Ricardo and his men. 

" I joined because I heard that your dad's mafia was the most successful." Damon replied.

" Well you are correct!" Lana beamed, " We work really hard."

" What you said earlier to you dad, about killing someone you love, did you really mean that?" Damon asked, he was unsure as to whether Lana would answer such a personal question. He had only met her today, but a part of him felt that the young woman wouldn't mind answering.

" I would, yes. Ever since mum died, I am willing to do anything, anything to impress my father. He was always proud of her, and now...I want him to be proud of me." Lana explained. She looked at Damon, as if she were waiting for a response. She said nothing else and remained sitting by the balcony with Damon.

A few seconds passed before Damon spoke, " I'm sorry your mother died, what was she like?"

Lana's eyes widened, she became shocked with how interested this man was already. " She was beautiful, elegant and brave. She died when I was five, she went missing and the police found her body beside a lake. They stated it was a murder, but they never found out who it was that killed her."

Lana looked back at Damon, " I'm sorry, I should stop talking, tell me something about yourself."

Damon moved a couple steps closer to Lana as his head peered down to hers. His mouth gave a light smile as he grabbed her arm and lead back away from the balcony, " Tomorrow, but now we should head to your father's meeting."

- Ten minutes later-

" I'm surprised you arrived after all Lana," Her father said.

" Well then, we all know that without me this place would be falling apart." She retorted. The men in the room let out a few roars before Mr Ricardo shushed them. Damon made his way to the table, where he sat beside Lana and a man with a tattoed neck of a black bird. The man handed Damon a small black gun, tucked in a white tablecloth. " If she ever becomes a pain, threats work well."

" Thankyou for the gun," Damon whispered, he felt the weapon in his hand become warm, " But I do not kill people in my own set mafia, and neither should you."

The man let out a grumble, " Then what the hell are you doing here?"

The gun Damon held pressed against the man's thigh, " I work here, now shut up. Oh, and I'm keeping this gun."

" Father," Lana began, " Whatever you need me to do, I can. I mean...what are these men in the room doing? Sitting their asses down probably listening in to our conversation." Her father rolled his eyes, " And SCREW YOU ALL!" She yelled to the men. A few just sat there silently, smoking their cigars whilst the others were talking to each other.

Mr Ricardo clenched his fists, " There is nothing yet, but I will let you know of when there is." Lana gave a slight nod as she steps up from her chair. As she walked out the room, Damon moved one chair over to Mr Ricardo.

" I know you're lying," He began, " Lana may be a girl, but she is a killer. I see great potential in her, and you're just putting it all to waste. What is it that you're afraid of? I sense fear in you and if you don't learn to control it, then it will begin to control you."