[6] Chapter 6

«««»»»

Alycia silently cries on my shoulder for what seems like forever.

"We have to film Leeshy.." I say as I stroke her back, attempting to comfort her. I can feel her nod. "Want to tell me what that was about?.." I question, hoping she'd tell me but understanding if she didn't.

I feel Alycia shake her head and I nod.

"That's fine.." I let my voice trail off as I pick her head up, cupping her cheeks in my hands. I move my thumbs back and forth, wiping her tears.

I heard a few shouting voices in the distance, I assumed calling for the people needed on set.

Alycia and my eyes scanned each other, not necessarily looking for anything, maybe just mutual senses of comfort or reassurance. For what, I had no clue. "Ready?" I grabbed her hands. She nodded and we walked to the area of where everyone was. Fortunately, throughout her crying, she didn't mess up any make up she had on. Not only saving time, but I assume she doesn't feel like explaining to anyone why it would have been ruined.

"Position!" The director yells.

Alycia and I moved. While we hadn't brought up the kiss, the obvious tension between us, and the previous events that had just recently taken place, I was still there for Alycia. Nothing would change that.

"Action!"

[3rd Person POV]

Alexandria, Charlie, and Alycia had been walking for hours. The sun had already set, its mixed contrast between orange, red, and a bright yellow.

"Don't you think we should set up camp?" Alexandria sighs. Alycia turned and for the first time, their eyes meet. Silence takes over. Alexandria can't help but wonder what Alycia was trying to analyze. The question..or her.

"Yeah. We should." Alycia finally stated. "Not somewhere that we haven't checked though..There's a small town not too far from here." she continued. "The town near Woods farm?" Charlie spoke up and at the words, Alexandria froze. Her heart dropped. That was her last name. Not only was it her last name..it was also her parents farm.

"Woods farm?" Alexandria sounded distressed. "That's-" she cut herself off. No one needed to know it was her parents farm. No one needed to know anything about her. Sure, Charlie was obviously close with her. That wasn't an excuse though. Charlie thought she knew who Alexandria was but she didn't. She had no idea who Alexandria was and Alexandria thought, frankly she didn't need to. "That's what?" Alycia questioned, clear curiosity but also hints of caution in her voice.

"It's nothing. Just a..an old memory is all." Alexandria responded, her country accent had gotten stronger at the last few words. "Let's go." she stated again and Alycia, along with Charlie, nodded and they were off.

[Your POV]

"Cut!" The director yells.

"Good job guys." He says and we take that as our cue to go review our next lines.

I couldn't help but look at Alycia, she still seemed distressed. Maybe more so uncomfortable. Our eyes meet and I question her with my eyes. She nods with a small, sad, smile.