XX

Ni-Ki went back home without an answer. The boy was confused as his eyes were red as he cried too hard. Can you believe it ? It was the last week of november. Ayano was getting weaker as she was almost at the end of her lifespan, so was Sunoo. The girl was now sitting in a wheelchair as Sunghoon pushed her to Sunoo's hospital room. Ni-Ki had sent his husband straight to the hospital as he fainted in the middle of the living room.

The doctors however knew not to tell Ni-Ki the truth, leaving that to Sunoo. They had told him a bunch of lies and felt guilty, although there was nothing they could do. Ayano was chatting with Sunoo who was lying down, smiling weakly as his eyes were closed. Ayano was talking about all the good memories they had together when they were in highschool.

Sunoo's smile faded as he was reminded of something. "Ayano, can I know w-who gave you flowers ? I've b-been wondering for a-a while now..." The girl's smile faded as she stopped chatting happily. "I don't think-" Sunoo cut her off with a simple statement, eyes looking at her. "It's Ni-Ki isn't it ?" Ayano was quiet as tears were slowly welling up in her eyes. "I knew, Ayano. J-Just why didn't you tell me ? Was it because of me ?"

"Sunoo-ah... I just want you to be happy as well. You got to his heart first a-afterall." Ayano started sobbing with Sunoo as they cried with smiles on their faces. Sunghoon excused himself to go out of the room and let the two have some peace with each other. Sunghoon went to the vending machine to get a drink for Ayano and himself.

"I'm sorry, really. I-I wished I had gone earlier-" Ayano cut the boy off with a tight hug as it was too painful to hear what Sunoo was going to say. "It's not your fault, Sunoo. I-It's my problem. He loves you, not me." Sunoo nodded before hugging Ayano back as they tried to calm down. Sunoo was tired and he knew he was going to go soon. There was no more hope.

Ayano had helped Sunoo called Ni-Ki to come over. They were on video call and Ni-Ki was in his padded jacket as the outside world was slowly going to go into winter mood soon. Ni-Ki's smile turned bitter as he saw Sunoo and Ayano cry as they smiled.

"Did you guys have a great time together ?"

Ni-Ki asked, concerned. "Ki-ah, can you come to the hospital now ? All three of us need to be together. I want to finish my time with you too !" Sunoo asked excitedly. "Wait, what do you mean ?" Ni-Ki stopped his tracks as he held his phone in the middle of the street. "Just come... We need to discuss something..." Ayano spoke as she wiped her tears, even passing Sunoo a tissue.

The call ended as Ni-Ki gripped his phone hard. "Why is it always me who's always left out ?...." The boy ran to the hospital, hoping that he wouldn't miss anything. Ni-Ki was thinking of the worst case scenario right now. It was losing his precious Kim Sunoo.

Ni-Ki rushed to the room to see Sunoo was having his lunch as Ayano was drinking some beverages Sunghoon bought and Sunghoon too was in the room, looking out the window.

"What is going on ?! Tell me !!" Ni-Ki was desperate as he wanted to know. Imagine if someone so close had been with you 24/7 for the past 5-6 years and suddenly they just left you all alone, not knowing what went wrong or what happened in general. That was what Ni-Ki was feeling. He was confused and tired of waiting for answers to come to him.

i'm finishing this book up today <3