Heart & Bow Nails

What you’ll need:

toothpick masking tape pen X-Acto knife parchment paper/baking paper rhinestones

To get the look:

*I recommend painting your nails one hand at a time, unless you have kind friend/ sister/ partner/ kid next to you who could peel off the masking tapes for you!

1) Apply two coats of nail polish. For my index and little fingers, I used masking tape to nake straight lines. For the middle finger, draw a half circle (like drawing a reverse French nail). And for the little finger, draw a half circle at the tip after the base polish is dry.

2) While you are waiting for your nails to dry, stick two small pieces of masking tapes on parchment paper; each piece should be big enough to cover your nails on thumb and middle finger.

3) Draw three small bows on the masking tape for thumb, and one bow for the middle finger. Cut out the bows with X-Acto knife.

4) Now, put these masking tapes on your thumb and middle finger, and make sure there is no space between your nails and masking tapes.

5) Apply nail polish in the gaps of cut-out bows, and peel off the masking tape while the polish is half-dry.

6) Add rhinestones on the middle of bows.

7) For the hearts on the ring finger, use a toothpick to make two tiny dots next to each other, then drag the dots down (aim for ‘v’ shape) and connect them. Retouch the shape with toothpick, and one heart is done. Repeat the process to draw lots of hearts.

8) Apply one coat of top coat, and yes, you’re finally done!

I’m loving this new way (well, for me, anyway) of stencil-ish painting with masking tapes, because now I don’t have to worry about shaky hands (especially my left hand) :) Hope you enjoyed the tutorial!