Tricolour Gradient

You’ll need:

3 nail polishes sponge piece of paper

I used these polishes: (from left) Paul & Joe /14, Paul & Joe /30 and L’Oreal /101. I used L’Oreal for the base colour, and the other two for the gradient. Both Paul & Joe polishes are sheer, and I think sheer polishes work best for this design.

How to get the look:

1) Paint your nails with the base colour, and make sure the nails are dry before the next step.

2) Let’s prepare the sponge now. I’m using ordinary makeup sponges (6 for £1, haha!), and I cut one sponge into six small pieces becauseI’m cheap you’ll only need a small piece.

3) Place a small amount of polish on a piece of paper, and pick up some polish with the sponge.

4) Dab a few times on the paper to get excess polish off the sponge.

5) Tap the sponge on your nail a few times (please use your imagination to think that the paper is your nail!).

6) Repeat step 3 to 5 using other polish.

7) Apply top coat to smooth the lines.

It’s unbelievably easy to achieve this design, and I don’t know why I didn’t think about doing it until now! And I’m in love with this watercolour painting-esque effect. Yap, I can see myself doing this marble/gradient look in lots of different shades :)