Ballet Collection

Ballet Collection

Hello lovelies! I usually don’t do nail polish swatches here in Small Good Things, but today I have to share you my latest addiction – because I finally discovered ‘it’ white nail (Yee-ha!!!!).

In my last week’s glitter flowers nail art post, I asked if you guys knew any white polishes that are non-squeaky clean white, and are creamy but not too thick. Then a magical thing happened – beyond brilliant Tumblr blog, True Blue Me & You, kindly asked her readers if they knew any manis that fit my demanding (ah-ha) request in this post.

One of her readers suggested ‘Crème Fraiche’ by OPI, and oh my, it sounded perfect! I couldn’t, however, find any UK stores that sell it (big sigh). My heart didn’t get deflated for too long, because after an hour’s vigorous search on the net, I found these:

New York City Ballet Mini Collection by OPI (from left)

Pirouette My Whistle

Don’t Touch My Tutu!

My Pointe Exactly

Care to Danse?

There are originally six shades (5 pastels and 1 glitter) in the collection, and I decided to get Mini Collection that comes with 3 pastels and 1 glitter mini bottles, because I wanted to test out the colours before I splash out on the normal size ones.

These are very soft, sheer pastels – they are so sheer that, in fact, it’s very easy to get unevenness. And although I love them all, they may not be for every girl’s dream mani; if you don’t dig sheer polishes, or if you can’t be bothered to apply 6 thin coats/ 4 thick coats for a full opaque coverage, these are not for you. But if you are like me and lovejelly-ish finish result, oh yes, you won’t regret pressing that ‘buy’ button now :)

So, here is my swatch:

For thumb: 6 thin layers of Don’t Touch My Tutu!, applied to make gradient art

For index finger: 6 thin layers of My Pointe Exactly, applied to make gradient art

For middle finger: 4 thick coats of Don’t Touch My Tutu!

For ring finger: 4 thick coats of Care to Danse?

For ring finger: 4 thick coats of My Pointe Exactly, and one coat ofPirouette My Whistle