9

Carina POV

It has already been a week. A week since that man assaulted me in the bar. One week since Maya and I are friends again. One week since I had seen her the last time.

I couldn't wait any longer. I had to see her again. Even though she had hurt me in the past, I missed her a lot. And now that we finally had another chance, I wasn't going to let her go so easily.

In a good mood, I left my bed and made my way to the bathroom.

____________

I reached for my cell phone and for my keys. Since I had the day off, I thought I'd take a walk.

I pulled the door into the lock behind me and enjoyed the cool breeze that brushed through my hair. Satisfied I sighed, and began my walk.

After walking for 40 minutes, I saw Station 19 in the distance.

I pulled out my cell phone and texted Teddy and Amelia to see if we should meet this afternoon. They both agreed that we would meet at the hospital at 3, since they were going to have their lunch break at that time.

With long strides, I moved toward the Station.

Before opening the door, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I pushed down the door handle and entered the guard station.

At the table by the entrance I saw Vic and another man, who was a stranger to me. The man had a uniform on, just like all the others, and had his back turned to me. He spoke to Vic in a stern tone. She looked annoyed and uncomfortable.

Then she saw me. Our eyes met. The man seemed to notice this and turned to me. He had blond short hair, clear skin and brown-green eyes. In my eyes he was quite attractive.

Obviously, he was looking at me from bottom to top. His gaze lingered on my breasts for a while before I cleared my throat. I felt uncomfortable under his eye.

"And you are?" he asked with a slightly seductive undertone. "Dr. DeLuca. And you, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Captain Wright." He said and held out his hand to me. Uncertain, I took a few steps and shook his hand, which I quickly pulled away.

Captain? What about Maya?

I looked at Vic questioningly, but she just shrugged her shoulders and shook her head.

"To what do I owe the honor, Dr.DeLuca?" I looked around frantically at Maya, "Well actually, I'm here to see Ma- Captain Bishop." He rolled his eyes, and in the corner of my eye I saw someone coming down the stairs. I turned my head. It was Maya. I gave her a big grin.

"Bishop! You have a visitor!" he yelled loudly without turning around. Maya flinched and rolled her eyes.

She came up behind him and stopped in front of me. "Hey, Carina..Why are you here?" She couldn't suppress her smile.

"I'm here to see you." "Ohh, Ok. Let's go upstairs." She said and turned towards the stairs. "Why can't we go to your office?" I asked, confused.

"I'll tell you when we're alone." She grabbed my hand and pulled me after her. Together we stumbled up the stairs.

She completely ignored the presence of Captain Wright.

_____________

She handed me a cup of tea as she sat down in the chair next to me and turned to face me.

"So-" I began. "How are you?" she interrupted me. "You know..well..because of what happened to you at the bar." I reached down to my neck and ran my fingertips over the faded hickeys. "It's all good again, no big deal." This wasn't even a lie. Just her presence made me forget about this event.