24

Sunlight soaked through the glass window. The sky looked a gorgeous blue with sparkly wisps of white. The dawn choir rang on. A bird fluttered on the window, chirped, then moved in a different direction.

Everything looked so peaceful. Everything but me.

I didn't hear Montse walk up behind me. I only felt her arms wrap around my torso and her lips press against my neck.

“Beautiful house, beautiful day, beautiful man. It's like I won a million-dollar lottery.”

An irresistible smile stretched my lips. Rotating in her arms, I faced her. She was as naked as I was.

“Gorgeous woman, beautiful sense of humour, gorgeous body, a sweet as fuck pussy. Where did I get this ticket to Paradise?”

We both chuckled as her arms settled around my neck. I rested my hands on her ass and pulled her closer for a deep kiss. It felt like I had no problems in the world.

Montse rested her cheek against my chest. “You feel so good. So nice.”

She sighed. My dick was at attention, and I would've taken her right there against the window if not for how wistfully she'd sighed. Nudging her back, I looked at her face.

“What's wrong?”

She averted her eyes. “Nothing.”

“You're a terrible liar, princess.”

It took her seconds to speak up. “I got a call from the principal of St Patricio yesterday. He wanted to know if the danger was gone and if I could return. It made me realize how much I'd missed my job.”

She looked into my eyes, and blue panic flashed through hers. “Don't. . . get me wrong. I love this. I love us. I love being with you. But it's just. . . it's just. . .”

“Hey... Hey.” I cupped her face and brushed a strand of her silky hair off her face. “Teaching has always been a passion to you. It's something you can never let go of. Something I'll never let you let go of.”

She studied my face. “You're not upset?”

“How about we return to town tomorrow so you can go back to what you love doing. I'll be right there with you.”

“Thank you! Thank you!” She launched a hug that showed me just how excited and relieved she was.

If only she knew that this wasn't just about her. If only she knew that last night's dream had left me afraid that leaving my parents murder unavenged would lead to consequences I wouldn't like to see.

If only she knew that my revenge on The Godfather was back on track.

I slid my arms down her back to squeeze her supple bottom. “How about we make good use of the free time we have now?”

She bit her bottom lip seductively. “That sounds like an excellent idea.”

*****

I drove the car steadily through the woods. Its tyres crunched through dried leaves and withered twigs. Bringing the car to a stop, I glanced at Montse to find her gazing at her cabin with a look of nostalgia.