30

"And then we're done!" Vasquez said, a look of respite on his face. "How aren't you even tired?"

Placing his hands behind his waist, he groaned tiredly after we'd deposited the last of the unconscious men as far as possible from the gang house.

"Are you set for the next phase?"

"Ready!"

Vasquez pulled out a laptop from the bag on his back. He hopped on his car and placed the laptop on his lap. During my stay in the house, I'd gone about planting tiny deactivated electronic bombs that no one had ever noticed.

Now Vasquez was set to hack into the detonation system and blow out the entire building along with all the weapons inside.

He could have done it from the comfort of his house but like he said, he didn't want to miss out on the awesomeness.

"When's it gonna..." I began to ask when suddenly loud 'booms' tore through the air, startling me.

"Okay, this so so cool!" Vasquez said, eyeing the burning house in adoration. "I've always wanted to see a live explosion!"

"You could have at least given me a heads-up" I glared at him

"Sorry." He said, then looked at Alacran. "But wasn't it awesome, Alacran?"

Alacran continued to look at me like he hadn't even heard Vasquez.

"Okay. I knew the drug was effective but damn its effective."

"I'll take it from here, Vasquez. Go home and call the police. We've displaced enough evidence around these men to get them detained. Make sure they can't trace the call."

"Your belief in my IT skills is very refreshing." He said wryly, glaring at me.

"Thank you. I couldn't have done this without you."

The playful look on his face turned to a sombre one. "Like I've told you before. I only need your thanks after The Godfather is dead."

The main reason Vasquez was helping me was that The Godfather had kidnapped his sister two years ago, raped her, and then killed her when he was done.

For two years he'd been carrying the burdens of guilt and his hate for The Godfather, helpless because he was too afraid of exacting revenge which caused him nightmares.

It was after one of his nightmares a year ago when he'd come to a bar to drink that we'd met. He'd poured out all his woes because he'd been too damn drunk. That was when I'd realized we had hate for the same man.

I'd taken him home and waited for him to get sober and then warned him to control his tongue. I'd never thought I would need him until recently. As soon as I'd looked for him and told him about my plans for revenge, he was all in.

Vasquez gave me a faint smile before leaving in his car. I returned my attention to Alacran who didn't even seem to have noticed the house explode

"Get inside the car. You're driving."

"Yes boss."

I looked at him when we were both seated. "Take me to The Godfather's hideout."

"Yes, boss." Alacran said, before stepping on the pedal.

He was looking at me as if I was a god. Vasquez had managed to get me the drug from the black market, but whoever made it was a genius.

"Eyes on the road!"

While Alacran was still under its influence, I could get him to do whatever I wanted, answer every question I wanted. I thought of the gay men he'd killed and the glibberish things I'd heard him muttering in his nightmares.