Chapter 4: Wands and redheads

{ So I'm starting to read the books. And this is the first chapter that I made other then parts of chapter 3 using the book. So None of this should be wrong but if it us let me know. Okay I hope you enjoy this.}

3rd person P.O.V:

The twins walk to The last shop which was narrow and shabby. Peeling gold letters over the door read Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 B.C. A single wand lay on a faded purple cushion in the dusty window.

A tingling bell rang somewhere in the depth of the shop as they stuck inside. It was a tiny place, empty except for a single, spindly chair that Hagrid set on to wait. Harry and Devon looked at the thousands of narrow boxes piled neatly right up to the ceiling. For some reason, the back of his neck pickled the very dust in silence in here seem to tangle with the secret magic.

"Good afternoon," said a soft voice. The twins jumped. Hagrid must have jumped, too, because there was a loud crunching noise and he got quickly off the Spendley chair.

An old man with Glasses stood before them, his wide, pale eyes shining like moons do the gloom of the shop.

"Hello," said Harry awkwardly

"Ah yes," said the man. " yes, yes. I thought I'd be seeing you too soon. Harry Potter and Devon Potter. " It wasn't a question.

"you have your mothers eyes. It seems only yesterday she was in here herself, buying her first wand. Ten and a quarter inches long, Swishy, made of willow. Nice wand for charm work."

Mr. Ollivander moved closer to Harry and Devon. The twins wished he would blink, the silvery eyes are a bit creepy.

"Your father, on the other hand, they were a mahogany want. Eleven inches. Pliable. A little more power and excellent for Transfiguration. Well, I see your father favorite it --- it's really the wand that chooses the wizard, of course."

Mr. Ollivander had come so close that he and Harry were almost nose to nose. Harry could see himself and Devon behind him reflected in those misty eyes.

"And that's where. . ."

Mr. Ollivander touched the lighting scar on Harry's forehead and pointed to Devon's with a long, white finger.

"I'm sorry to say I sold the wand that did it," he said softly. "Thirteen-and-a-half inches. Yew. Powerful wand, very powerful, and in the wrong hands. . . well, if I'd known what that wand was going out into the world to do. . . ."

"Hmmmm," said Mr. Ollivander. " Well now --- Mr and Miss Potter. Let me see. " He pulled a long tape measure with silver markings out of his pocket. "Which is your wand arm?"

"Er--- well, We're right-handed," said Harry

"Hold on your arm. That's it." He measured Harry from shoulder to finger, then wrist to elbow, shoulder to floor, knee to armpit and round his head, he then did the same to Devon. As he measured he said, "every Ollivander wand has a core of a powerful magical substance, Mr. and Miss Potter. We use unicorn hairs, Phoenix tail feathers, and the heartstrings of dragons. No two Ollivander wands are the same, just as no two unicorns, dragons, or phoenixes are quite the same. And of course, you will never get such good results with another wizard's wand."

Mr. Ollivander begin to pull them boxes and heading them to the twins. They would test a wand and switch when they didn't work. As the pile of wands not right grew and grew Mr. Ollivander grabbed two boxes from the very back of the store covered in dust.

"Tricky customer, eh? Not to worry, we'll find the perfect match here somewhere ---I wonder, no ---yes, why not --- unusual combination ---holly and Phoenix feather, eleven inches, nice and supple, for Mr. Potter." Harry took his wand. He felt a sudden warmth in his fingers. He raised the wand above his head, brought it swishing down through the dust the air and a stream of red and gold spark shot from the end like a firework, throwing dancing spots of light on the walls.