A Normal Day At School.

Vic watched with the rest as Cardin and Jaune fought, it had been around 2 months since Beacon started, not a lot had happened.

Vic had been keeping up his training, there are still two more aspects of a dragon slayer he has to unlock, or do.

Dragon Force, and a Secret Art.

First with Dragon Force, he hasn't been able to unlock it yet, he couldn't figure out how, he's tried a lot of things, eating a bunch of dust crystals. He tried to force unlock it himself, but that didn't end well and he just ended up depleting all of his magic, and passing out in the middle of the forest. Team RWBY wasn't happy to find him like that.

For the dust crystal method, he had even tried eating some of the ones that were in Atlas Flame's cave before when he was there, but it didn't work. He was hoping to try and copy Natsu like he did the Etherion lacrima crystals, but it didn't work at all.

The other method he thought of was emotional one, when it unlocks out of pure emotion, it worked for Natsu, so it could work for him. But he would rather not do it that way for obvious reasons.

He thought the only method would be using Atlas Flames' Flames, that he has on his chest, but he was saving that in case he needed it.

Now for Secret Art, he just couldn't figure it out, it was confusing, every time he tried, it felt like a normal slayer spell. He knows Secret Arts are supposed to be his own kind of spell, that only he can use. He tried using Natsu's but couldn't get it right, so he scrapped the idea, it was most likely the person who created it could only be the one to use it.

It's also supposed to be a trump card that is different from any kind of spell you currently have. He really hasn't had any ideas for it, he wished Atlas taught him, but he knew he couldn't because it would only be Hellfire Dragon Slayer based, he needed one that combined all of his elements for a true secret art.

Vic zoned back in as Glynda called the match between Cardin and Jaune, Cardin was about to smash Jaune with his mace, but a buzzer was heard.

"That's enough," Glynda said as she walked in between them, Cardin put his mace down. Students as you can see Mr. Arc's aura has now dropped into the red, in a tournament style duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle, and the official may call the match." she said looking at the students.

She turned her head towards Jaune, "Mr. Arc, it's been weeks now, please try to refer to your scroll during combat, gauging your aura will help you decide when it's appropriate to attack or when it is better to move to a defensive strategy." She told him as he looked at his scroll and saw his Aura. "We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a Beowolf, now would we?" she said.

Cardin picked up his mace, "Speak for yourself.." he said to himself, as he walked off the stage.

Glynda faced the class, "Remember everyone, the Vytal Festival is only a few months away, it won't be long before students from the other students from the other kingdoms start arriving in vale, so keep practicing. Those who choose to compete in the combat tournament will be representing all of Vale." She spoke as the bell rang.

Team RWBY looked excited as the Vytal Festival was mentioned, and Vic noticed Pyrrha looking at her team leader with a sad look.

Vic wondered if he could do something, could he maybe help Jaune? Maybe give him some training tips, and practice with him.

Vic noticed he spaced out again, as people started to leave, "You coming Vic? Are you really going to miss lunch?" He heard Yang call him, Lunch? He would never miss lunch, he turned and saw her at the door of the room, he ran past her, as he did, he heard her say, "Didn't think so."