CHAPTER 2 : JOURNEY TOWARDS A NEW HOME

Notes:

BOLD WITH CAPITAL LETTERS = POV, PLACE

(Bold) = Author

Bold Italized = Time signatures (eg. The Next Day)

Italized = Thoughts

(Bold Italized)= Video time signatures (eg. (1:55 - 2:15))

POV FIRST PERSON, EAST PACIFIC

(Author: Nimitz knew about some of the nations, Azur Lane, Crimson Axis, Sirens, shipgirls, and the war between them but kept it as a secret to emphasize her statement that she is lost and came from another world. It would also help her later in the story in reducing tensions with the other shipgirls)

It's a few hours since I arrived at this world. Half an hour ago, I met Enterprise after fighting some black looking ships with red stripes and a humanoid figure with cannons attached to her back. We're sailing towards pearl harbor at 26 knots. I'm eating some fried chicken fillet with salad in the mess hall. Enterprise came and wanted to eat her rations, but I intervened and offered some of the meal since I made it for two people. She agreed to my offer and started eating together with me.

Me: So umm..., any other things you would like to ask? You know, continuing the last time.

Enterprise: Yeah, I would like to ask your unique designation. So, how do you have the "N" added to your designation instead of the usual "CV" applied to the rest of us?

Me: Oh, that one. The "N" in my designation stands for nuclear powered. I still use steam turbines to generate power, but instead of burning oil to heat the water, I use a special fuel that could last around 20 to 25 years. Usually my class of carriers operate for 40-50 years so the carriers get refueled once in their lifetime. Also due to my special fuel, I don't need a funnel, reducing my signature and make it impossible to spot just by looking for the smoke.

Enterprise: Hmm... Definitely unique and probably fitting for your shape. Anyways, since you're from another world, how was it?

Me: I recognized your planes so this must be around 1941. In my world it's 2024 so it's around 83 years into the future. It's quite calm there, of course technology is way more advanced than in this period of time. There is still tension in the South China Sea from both China and the western nations, and some minor wars here and there, but generally it's peaceful. Ships aren't humanoid looking and still crewed by people because there are no sirens. I mean, just take a look at my ship, the galleys there are just one out of three, and together all of them are meant to serve around 6000 people. Japan, Germany, the UK, and the US are all allied together, Russia still has tensions to the US but are generally neutral, China is a belligerent force and has tense relations to the US. So yeah, a very different world than this one.

Me: Oh i remembered something, for your information, in my world you have a daughter named USS Enterprise CVN-65 which is the first nuclear powered carrier ever built. She was decommissioned in 2012 and is used to build your granddaughter which is USS Enterprise CVN-80 as a successor to my class. She is supposed to be finished in 2028.

Enterprise: HUH??!!! I have a daughter and a granddaughter! So that means my name is so popular then. Um, so what happened to me?

Me: (Sighed) This won't sound good on you. Multiple groups of people tried to turn you into a museum ship, but they didn't have enough money and the navy unfortunately was forced to scrap you in 1960. Thankfully some of the metal that was from you was used to build CVN-65, and then using some of her metal to build CVN-80.