CHAPTER 6: BASE RECOVERY

Notes:

BOLD WITH CAPITAL LETTERS = POV, PLACE

(Bold) = Author

Bold Italized = Time signatures (eg. The next day)

Italized = Thoughts

(Bold Italized) = Video time signatures (eg. (1:55 - 2:15))

Previously

As Cleveland finished her introductions, I remembered about the bullet, and told them that I forget something.

Me: Oh yeah! I just remembered, you know about a clanging sound, just before Akagi told us the declaration of war.

Cleveland: Yes, I did remember that. What is it?

Me: Just listen.

I lifted my arm and positioned my hand in line with my face. After that, I snapped my finger, detonating the bullet, inflicting further damage to Akagi. Shortly, after I snapped my finger, a loud explosion was heard.

Cleveland: Is that from Akagi?

Me: Yes.

Wales: I think you should follow us inside the base, It seems like you're making a commotion.

Me: Very well.

I then entered the base together with the group, leaving the damage seen on the port and the ships aside.

POV FIRST PERSON, PEARL HARBOR

As I went towards the base together with the group, I noticed the unique design features on the base. It clearly didn't look like a typical military base, instead more akin to a mansion on a private island. Elegant white walls, golden decorations, ornate doors, big gardens with green trimmed bushes, and many other things that most people consider to be unusual for a military base. Though compared to the entirety of the base, the elegant building is only a small section of it. The rest of the base were filled with industrial buildings, storage warehouses, a dockyard, and an air base, with it's simplistic military look commonly seen in other bases.

Me: I do admit, this base is the most unique out of all the other bases I've visited. Sometimes, just by looking around, I felt like I'm in a mansion of some sort.

Wales: Compared to other areas of the base, this section was built using royal navy construction plans, so that is the reason why the design in this area look vastly different from other places.

Me: Uhm.... May I ask something?

Wales: Yes. What is it?

Me: Uhh... Is there a place where I can dock my ship? You see, going around the base with my riggings is quite impractical, but I think that my ship is so big I might have some difficulties in finding a place to dock.

Cleveland: Oh, I know! I think there is quite a large space to dock behind the base. Hidden enough that not many people would instantly notice it, but big enough to put around ten battleships inside it.

Wales: I think we should get towards it before we do anything else. Illustrious and Enterprise, you can go now, you're free to do anything. Nimitz and Cleveland, follow me.

After following wales towards the back of the base, we arrived to a large empty dock. It amazes me how few ships were stationed here even though they've got this huge space for more ships.

Me: I'm confused, is this base supposed to be new? You've got all the space here to dock like, almost the entirety of Eagle Union's battleship fleet. Yet no one is using it?