Hell Hath No Fury

The phone call hit me hard. Flashbacks of my mother's passing, my father's unruly habits. Then Helen, saving the day for both Raylan and myself. She came in our hour of need and took us on as if we were her own children. Raylan called me yesterday. I dropped everything I was doing, packed a bag and got in my blacked out Escalade and headed towards lexington. 

I parked outside Raylans hotel this morning and kicked the door. I heard shuffling and then the door swung open and there was a gun pointed at me. 

"nice to see you too big brother" i smirked. 

"fuck, what time is it" he asked.

"seven, hi Winona" i smiled as she hugged me. 

"how are you" she asked. 

"swell, so i am heading out, just making sure you know that i am in town, gonna go shake the tree so to speak" i smiled. 

"shit, dont shake it too hard, im going to do the same thing in a few hours" raylan laughed. 

"well hell raylan, there might not be anything left for you to shake" i winked before dropping my bag in his door and heading towards my truck. 

i drove on to Harlan and made my way to the one place i knew i would get no answers. Arlos. i parked out front, made sure i had both my guns on me and headed up the walk way. there was a truck already in the drive i didnt recognize. i hit the door hard and hollered Arlos name. he came to the door with a smirk.

"you here to talk me out of killing dicky bennett too" he asked. 

"why are you killing dicky bennett" i asked walking in the house. 

"i know he killed helen, raylan killed coover and dicky killed helen" he snarled. 

"raylan killed coover, hell id give him another golden star for doing the world a favor" i smirked looking around. 

"what you looking for" arlo asked looking me up and down. 

"whos truck is in the drive" i asked. 

"ava's, she came to clean up some" arlo nodded towards the kitchen. 

"ava crowder" i raised a brow. 

"the one and only" ava smiled stepping in front of me. 

"right, so arlo, whens the funeral" i asked. 

"tomorrow" he said. 

"ill see you tomorrow then" i smiled. 

"that it" he asked. 

"well father, im not going to pretend like you wanted to see me, and you dont have to pretend like i wanted to see you either. im here for helen" i said. 

"good" he said walking away. 

"he always like that" ava asked. 

"something tells me you know him more than i do" i smirked. 

"i dont know about that, boyd favors him and all so i try to be nice" she said. 

"thought you were with boman" i asked. 

"shot him dead in my kitchen,  laid hands on me" she said. 

"damn, bout time" i said. 

"i know you knew, i never got a chance to thank you for leaving that knife for me back in the day" she said.