Deeper Down I Spiral

i woke up to find raylan sat at the table with winona. i got ready for the day and came out to find winona had left for work. raylan slid me a coffee, before i picked it up to drink he poured some whiskey in it. 

"tim knows your full past" raylan said. 

"anything i should know" i asked. 

"i talked to him a bit on the way to make sure things were handled. boyd pretty much made tim feel like less than a man for the way he handled your situation. tay ive done a lot of things to keep winona safe, you know all of them. you should talk to tim, but remember hes not from harlan, he doesnt know what we grew up in. when we were out there, i helped boyd move devil, burried him further out and deeper where no one but him and myself will know about. as much as  dont want to tell you, he had a bit of a break down while we were out there." he said. 

"break down" i asked. 

"told me you deserve someone like tim, someone good, but that tim doesnt deserve you. said it didnt matter what youd ever done or will ever do that he will always have your back and make sure you're safe. he doesnt think tim could ever be up for that task" raylan sighed. 

"what did tim say" i asked. 

"nothing really, might have scared him more" he said. 

"great" i said as a knock sounded on the door. 

raylan stood and answered i letting tim inside.  i finished my coffee and stood up. i grabbed my bag as raylan watched and walked out of the room. raylan and tim followed. 

"you going to be ok" raylan asked as tim stood quietly. 

"im so used to things falling apart and being shitty at this point, its just another day in redneck paradise" i smiled. 

"im going to give you two a minute" raylan said getting in his car. 

"do we need a minute" i asked tim.

"im sorry, i reacted with cop brain, i didnt know about the full previous lifestyle, hell i dont know if i want to know. im here anytime you need me, i want the friendship" he smiled. 

"no offense tim, but i dont keep friends, thank for the bit of happiness, it was nice knowing what that was again for a moment. be careful" i smiled. 

"thats it" he asked. 

"im just making things easy for you, that is what you want isnt it" i raised a brow. 

"i guess" he said unsure. 

"cool. bye then" i smirked. 

"bye" he questioned before getting in the car. 

i got in my truck and headed to harlan. i went to johnnys bar and walked i. the mess was cleaned. johnny was behind the bar and ava was at a table. 

"did you see him" she asked referencing boyd. 

"ava, he doesnt want anything with you. you need to leave him be so things dont get bad" i said. 

"hes done with me" she said. 

"he never began with you" johnny said joining us. 

"you fucked his cousin and he still wants you" she whined. 

"he and i grew up together, started dating each other when we were ten, did you really think you could just replace all that in his mind" i asked.