Into The Woods

Tim dropped me off at the hotel early this morning. i got showered and dressed in holy blue jeans, a long sleeve grey shirt, boots, a ball cap and sunglasses. i grabbed my jacket and go a backpack with a few water bottles in it. i headed to harlan. 

once i arrived in harlan i headed out down shale holler and parked at the end of the road. boyds truck was already parked. i grabbed the backpack and started hiking through the woods towards he old cabin our fathers used to keep their products at. after a good twenty minutes i stepped out of the woods into the clearing. there was smoke billowing from the chimney. 

as i reached the porch the door opened and devil had a shotgun on me. 

"he aint here" devil said. 

"i know he is here" i said. 

"he went for a damn walk" he said. 

"what did i tell you the last time you pulled a gun on me" i asked. 

"dont matter what you say, whore" he said earning a chuckle out of me. 

i pulled and shot his knee out. he hit the ground and fired off the shotgun at the roof. i walked up and stood over him. 

"im a lot of things, ive dont a lot of things, but being a whore aint fuckin one of em" i said before shooting him in he head. 

boyd and another guy ran up guns drawn. i put my gun away and stepped back a few steps. boyd looked shocked. 

"i warned him last time he pulled that gun on me, calling me a whore didnt help him" i said. 

"he called you what" boyd asked. 

"a whore, you heard me" i said. 

boyd pulled his gun and unloaded it into devil. i watched him a moment. 

"you're bride to be is worried about you" i said watching his buddies grab a tarp and shovels for devils body. 

"i told you, aint no bride to be, she needs to worry about herself. word on the street is ellie mae is telling people ava killed delroy" boyd said. 

"the body" i asked. 

"apparently ellie mae knows where it is, helped ava clean up after" boyd said. 

"i hate to say it but shes gonna make someone a great prison bitch" i said watching the guys put devil in the back of a farm truck. 

"im sure she will" he sighed. 

"i want to bury him" i said. 

"dont trust them to take care of it" he asked. 

"figured itd give us time to talk, old times sake" i said. 

"you said plenty last night" he said. 

"dont do this boyd, we both know where you go to mentally when you exile yourself" i said. 

"what else am i supposed to do tay, hmm, tell me. do i live with ava and pretend were something. do i live with arlo and pretend hes my father in law. do i go to my house and be alone with all my thoughts" he asked. 

"you cant take your loyal henchmen to your house" i asked. 

"you dont get it, i havent been in that house since you lived there" he sighed.