You Can Run, You Can Hide...

I woke up in a Lexington hospital with winona at my side. I groaned as i sat up and grabbed the closest drink i could find to chug back. 

"tay, you scared us half to death, its been two days" winona said. 

"raylan" i asked. 

"working, how are you feeling" she asked. 

"boyd" i asked. 

"in harlan" she sighed. 

"ava" i asked. 

"shot through the shoulder, she got out yesterday, shes at home" winona said. 

"winona, i feel fine, thank you for being here."i said pushing the nurse button. 

"made you a promise a long time ago that no matter where raylan and i were at that youd always be family" she smiled. 

"you've kept that promise too" i smiled as the nurse came in. 

"ah youre awake finally" the nurse smiled. 

"finally" i said. 

"we gave you some good meds to keep you out to help the healing process, you're gonna be a little sore but you should heal up fine as long as you stay on light duty" she smiled. 

"can i leave" i asked. 

"yes ma'am" she said.

they got my paperwork together and had me sign it. winona helped me get dressed against my wishes. i got my meds and headed downstairs with winona. we went to the hotel and i put my stuff up and got a shower. once i was clean i dialed johnnys number. 

johnny: how are you, are you ok?

tay: fine, can you come get me in lexigton, ill be at the citgo on ninth, i need to go get my truck from your bar and raylan is working.

johnny: on my way. 

he hung up and i finished getting ready. winona shook her head at me. 

"just like your brother, cant slow down for shit" she smiled. 

"just going to get my truck" i said. 

"thats what hed say too" she laughed. 

"i dont ever want you to think any less of me winona" i said. 

"i never will tay, i know theres things you and raylan do that need to be done but are unethical. when you go for her, make sure you put a bullet in her for me as well. for shooting my sister and fucking my man" she smirked walking into the bathroom. 

"yes ma'am" i muttered to myself before walking out of the room and heading to the gas station. 

after a good twenty minutes johnny pulled into the station. he parked and i got in his truck. we drove to harlan and parked outside the bar. i walked inside with him to find the room empty. johnny poured me a shot and i threw it back as boyd and ava walked out of the back office together. i slammed the glass down for johnny to refill it. i chugged it again and dropped the glass back down. i smiled at johnny. 

"thanks for the ride johnny" i smiled. 

"never a problem tay" he said.