More Truth

Once out of the woods, Helene got a better chance to take in her surroundings.

She was not disappointed.

The sky was a beautiful shade of blue with a red sun, not like a yellow in our world. The clouds were actually Aurae and Tempest.

The forest did not go on forever as she thought that it did. It was rather small on appearance, but was much bigger on the inside.

She could see the bottom of the ravine. It was just a lazy river at the bottom of a twenty foot cliff.

Helene started moving forward when Ayred put an arm around her shoulder and started moving. They walked passed the boulder and the bend and they came to the edge of a lagoon that was fed by waterfalls.

"There is something you should know before you have a heart attack."

Helene gave him a bitch face. "We crossed that bridge when we were cased by a Furia. And could we go back? I think that I lost my sanity."

"Shut up and listen. I am an elf." The poor boy looked nervous.

"That's it? I kind of figured that out with the ears."

Ayred sighed and took her hand and led her to the gate and said, 'Mellon' to the guard and he let them in.

"Mellon is the elvish word for friend, right?" Helene asked she and Ayred walked towards the castle.

"You are already recognizing the languages of the land?"

"I'm a Lord of the Rings fanatic."

"Who's your favorite? Legolas?"

"Do you know me at all? Aragorn, Sam, and Faramir, in that order."

"You don't like the elf?"

"I love the elf. Orlando Bloom is cute."

"Blond hair or brown hair?"

"Both. Blond as an elf and brown as a pirate."

They passed many different people and creatures. There was a unicorn batting a bath in the lagoon by a group of young children, Elvin and human, and mermaid.

Mortal men attempted to flirt with the female elves. The smart men didn't get their asses handed to them.

It was like a little slice of paradise.

The smell of the bakeries, of fire from forges, poppies by the water's edge, were intoxicating.

Ayred and Helene were escorted to the throne room by an elf servant with blonde hair.

The throne room itself was just an open court yard that was a few floors up and over looked the forest, mountains, and to some black smoke over in the far East. What was impressive about this scene was the three characters at th base of the Iorn Throne. A man in blood red robes over a suit of armor. A woman in a white silk gown. And another man in a white tunic, black trousers, and a brown cloak.

"Ayred, Helene, you look well. I hope Ayred had told you a little about what is going on." The man in the brown cloak stated in a tone of voice that meant if you didn't, I will hurt you. The man looked very familiar to Helene. His brown eyes bore into her.

"Just a little bit. As I understood, I'm a Princess?" Helene asked for confirmation.

The pretty brunette smiled. "Yes. You are the princess of the burning kingdom of Mylantis. It-

"Why is it called The Burning Kingdom?" Helene looked down in shame. "Sorry."

"There is no need to be sorry, you were just curious. You should never apologize for being curious. Well, it all started long before you were born. My father is a very powerful being and he had many children. My brothers and sisters fought but it was never very serious. We would always forgive each other. My older brother, Donte, became lustful for power and was foolish enough to think that he could be greater then our father. Our father cast Donte out and the few siblings that followed him. He promised glory and power, but only fed their hatred to my father and his kingdom. Now, we've not been able to attack directly because we have no leverage against him. Til you. Now you're parents,"

Naya'id ceased speaking. She glanced over at Helene, who was simple nodding her head.

"Do you think that this is a joke?" Xhalh questioned with a dangerous tone hidden under a cool facade.

"No. She has a rebel brother. Said brother killed my parents. I'm a weapon. Anything else?" Helene just about summed it up.

"Well, you're taking this better than we thought you would." Naya'id chose her words carefully.

"That's good, right? At least I'm not running around screaming." Helene joked.

Xhalh and Naya'id looked at each other confused.

"Well I think that you and Ayred should go rest up before dinner. Then we'll talk about what is going to happen next. Fae huc!" Xhalh called a red haired girl over.

"This is Fae, she will take you to a room and she will make sure you find everything." Xhalh gave Fae a small smile.

"Follow me m'lady." her voice was small and timid and she lead Helene to her room.