Abandoned

Fire and death were everywhere.

Smoke was choking the life out of everything.

If people weren't running in a panic, they were dead, dying, or in the process of being killed.

In the shadows, a cloaked figure was carrying a bundle in her arms. For being born just a few hours earlier and the battle that was happening around them, the baby was quiet.

After dodging countless obsticles and escapes that should have gotten killed, they disapered without a second glance.

The figure and the baby reached the forrest a short run away from the burning castle and were met by a tall man with a handsome face.

"I see you escaped, I have to admit that I did not expect this to happen."

The man lifted his eyes to the burning inferno that lay behind them.

"How could anyone. Is the wizard here?"

"He could be anywhere, but yes, he is here."

"Then why are we here? The sooner that we save her the sooner she will be safe."

The man and woman crept through the forest for what seamed like an eternity. They came to a clearing with a middle aged man in a worn down grey cloake and farmers clothes. There were runes and strange symbols on the forrest floor. The man turned and they could see his scruffy brown hair and his worn weathered face. He had a grim look in his grey eyes as though he already knew the outcome.

He walked over to the odd trio and whispered, "Lord Xhalh and Maid Naya'id, I'll take the girl now."

Naya'id held the precious bundle closer to her, "How do I know that this won't kill her, Hugo Wraithbane?"

Hugo looked into her eyes and gave her a cold hard stare.

"You don't."

Hugo took the baby from Naya'id, laid her down in the middle of the runes and started to chant.

พาเด็กไปยังอีกไปยังดินแดนอื่นให้เธอปลอดภัยจนถึงเวลาที่เหมาะสม ให้เธอมีความรู้ในเรื่องนี้จนกระทั่งเธอกลับมา เก็บ

"I am going to need a name." It wasn't a question.

"Her name is," and she whispered the name into Hugo's ear.

ให้เธอปลอดภัย

When Hugo finished the chant the baby, the runes, and the symbols disapered in the blink of an eye.

"Where is she!" Naya'id demanded.

"Where I sent his son." Hugo looked to Lord Xhalh.

Naya'id turned to Xhalh. "You trusted Him with your son?"

"You trusted him with the girl."

"Is your son ready for this?"

"My son knows what is happening and I made sure that he understands his role in the girl's life."

"You mean to be sern and distant?" Naya'id asked suspiciously.

"I mean he is going to watch over her and to protect her. Like how my son is going to do when she comes back."

"The young Prince is over two hundred years old." She stated.

"My son is the human equivalent of a four year old." Xhalh retorted.

"Ok when you two are done flirting with each other, we have to get your people, those who survived anyway, away from here. Now I am open to suggestions on a safe place."

Naya'id and Xhalh looked at each other and turned to Hugo.

Xhalh spoke softly, "I may know a place where the survivors may reside."

With equal softness, the once strong woman now brought so low whispered a simple thank you.

And the three disappeared into the shadows, each with a different purpose.