A bargain is struck

Because you people think this a readable story and the fact that it's actually BEING read, well, it deserves an update. : )

With Hugo, Naya'id, and Xhalh:

"Well, she seems pleasant and straight to the point. I like her." Hugo broke the silence with a laugh.

"She knows not what she does. She doesn't think and there was a look about her." Xhalh frowned.

"She shows some promising virtues. She maybe mortal but she has a good heart, she's pure, and she has confidence in herself. That's refreshing. And as much as I hate to say it, she and Ayred seem to really like each other." Naya'id admitted with a twinge of acceptance.

The men nodded in agreement and drank their wine.

"Five pounds of gold they get together."

Xhalh and Naya'id choked on their wine.

"Where the bloody hell did that come from?" The Elf King was red in the face and raspped.

"On my Father's throne!" The Lady had pure shock in her eyes.

"What? Don't you think that they would make a cute couple?" The wizard tried to defend himself.

"I really don't think that this is the time or the place to discuss this and I really think that we should focus on the matter at hand before romance is involved. Don't you think, Xhalh? Xhalh, back me up on this!"

"I agree with Feathers. For example, how are they traveling to Berose? The Canadia Pass or into the Woods? Horse or cart?" He spoke in a monotone voice.

"As much as I like adventure, we might as well make it as easy as possible for them. Horses and the Woods." Hugo looked for agreement in their eyes.

But he only found uncertainty.

"Is that...wise? It may be the easy way but is it the right way?" The was a hint of hesitation underlined with concern in the two young children. "What about the Wolves? And once they get to Berose, where will they stay? And once they find a place to stay, how will they pay for it? What about th-"

"Calm down calm down Feathers, I'll give them some horses, money, food, weapons, whatever they need. It's already late and the children leave at daybreak. You check on them while Hugo and get the weapons." For the first time in a long time, Xhalh looked at Naya'id with a softness in his cold, calculating eyes.

"Alright then, I shall see thee on the morrow. Goodnight, gentleman." And she left with a silent grace.

Xhalh held his eyes to the door as if she would return in a minute.

"If fate anything...unfortunate, in store for Naya'id or myself, take care of Ayred and Helene for me."

"I swear on my life, that weather or not ill circumstances take place, I will always care for Ayred and Helene." Hugo spoke with a passion and a determination to kick some medieval arse if anything came to those two.

"Thank you. And, now that Her Grace isn't here, five pounds of gold they don't get together." He smirked at the surprise on the wizard's face.

"It's a bet."

And they shook hands.