Meeting

Mr. Whittaker's POV

I thought about what Helene had said as she walked away.  Helene believes that myth was based on some fact.  It shouldn't be too hard to convince her. She and that red haired friend of hers went over to one of those transportation devices. They walked towards a young man that looked to be twenty or so winters.  He looked like someone that I kno-of course.  That's him. The boy is the Elf king's son, Ayred.  He has grown.  Ayred put an arm around Helene as he escorted the two girls onto the transport.  The trio of them boarded  the metal machine and rode off.

The prince and the princess were close.  That’s good, I thought to myself.

I closed my eyes and snapped my fingers and opened them to a grand throne room in the middle of the Forrest of Infinity. Xhalh and Nayai'd were arguing again.

"It seems to me that Ayred and the Princess are close.  In fact,” I said quite loudly, “I wouldn't be surprised if they got married."

They jumped, giving me mixed looks of surprise and fury.

"My son knows not to get involved with some mortal." Xhalh spat as he glared at Nayai'd.

"And my Princess would never fall for some stupid elf!"

"Like you did, Nayai'd?"  Xhalh asked innocently.

"Don't you dare..."  Nayai'd snarled.  When Nayai'd snarled, she looked more terrifying than a horde of hellhounds.

Despite her youthful beauty, Naya'id was over thousands of years old, and few knew that.  Even fewer knew that she fell in love with an elf.

"Anyway, the girl goes by the name 'Helene' and she is almost ready to come home."