Chapter 4

FLASHBACK

Nevaeh's POV

"I'll go get it" Luke said going towards the door. We all sat there in silence.

"Sooooo" I said trying to break the silence. "Sooooo" they all said in unison. I knew what they were doing...

"Are you kidding me right now?" I said raising my eyesbrows. "Are you kidding me right now?" They all said together again raising their eyebrows at me. "You know what, you guys are the dorkiest people I have ever came across" I said shaking my head. Again there was an awkward silence. "WHO WANTS TO PLAY COD?" Yelled Michael. Typical.

"I will" I said grabbing a controller

" are you sure because I'm not sure you ca-"

"Don't worry I can" I said smirking. Michael shook his head in disbelief.

Few minutes later

"YES, HA HA I BET YOU FOR THE 3RD TIME!" I yelled at the frustrated Michael on the couch.

"Dude a girl bet Michael" said Ashton. I then felt my phone vibrate a notification on Twitter.

@Ashton5SOS - We have a new champion for COD!

I smiled at this and suddenly there was a loud thump. "What was that?!" Said Michael getting up off the couch.

"I'll go check." I said. I hope Luke's OK.

I make my way at the door and the next thing I know is that I'm standing in a kissing scene with Mia and Luke. Luke was kissing back but he also saw me then stopped. I felt tears well up in my eyes.... I follow where my feet take me. Home.

END OF FLASHBACK

I sit on my bed staring lifelessly at the wall. My phone rang multiple times but I didn't even pick up, I got a few texts from Michael, Calum, Ashton and.... Luke but I haven't responded. I don't know why I ran away. I can't be, no I not that is impossible, I've only met Luke for like a couple of days. I can't be jealous. Can I?

Maybe it's the way he looks at me with those crystal blue eyes, or the way it makes butterflies erupt in my stomach when he touches me (don't take it the wrong way!). Wait! I did not just think those things. He's a popular boy I'm a nerdy girl who has basically no life. Just then I heard footsteps come up the stairs. It can't be mum she's at work, no it can't be. I don't want this, why me?. Just at that split second Richard walks in with a beer bottle and Belt. I gulp knowing this would be torture.

-

An hour later of whipping and slapping and swearing. I grabbed my blade and swiped it across my wrists. It's better to do this right when I'm already numb so I don't feel anything. I cut my wrist one slice by another until I see enough blood. I quickly grab a towel and wrap it around my wrist. Minutes later the bleeding stops and I wrap a bandage around it to keep it covered. Quickly I go into the bathroom and look in the mirror. The girl I saw had a busted lip, bruised cheek and a red slap mark on her face. That girl was me. I cry as I walk to my bed and lie down and let fatigue take over me.

Luke's POV

What have I done? She probably hates me right now. Ugh. I've texted her but I doubt she'll reply.

Why am I so stupid? I grab the nearest object in my room and throw it to the wall. I sit on my bed and rest my head in my hands. Buzz. My phone starts ringing I pick it up and see its Calum calling. " LUKE COME TO NEVAEH'S HOUSE NOW! QUICK!" In that moment I ran out the door to Nevaeh's house. Once I reach up the stairs to her room I find her laying in bed with a busted face and bleeding wrist plus 3 boys looking at me with tear stains on their cheeks.