Chapter-1

It was a freezing night here on this balcony of the temporary hotel we are staying in for now. I was watching the stars on the sky shining brightly along with the crescent moon. My little boy Jimmie came and stood beside me, yawing.

"Go back to sleep, bud. You know we got to get up early tomorrow" I said, patting on his head.

"We are gonna be up there, aren't we?" asked Jimmie.

"Yep. All the up way right there by the moon" I replied.

"I am excited. It is going to be awesome!" said Jimmie, smiling.

"Okay, now. Let's get you back to the bed" I said.

I tucked him on his bed beside his big sister Dina who is sleeping like a rock. She has been recording everything on her phone from our home to the airport to this temporary. So, she was asleep and never even wakes up once but Jimmie wakes up at least five times at night. I sat on the bed beside him until he fell asleep and then I decided to get some sleep.

The next morning, I was woken up by Dina. The sun has just come up and someone was knocking at the door. I looked at Jimmie who was still sleeping. So, I hurried to the door because they would not stop knocking and when I opened it, a room service guy was standing with tea, coffee and milk with biscuits and also newspapers.

"I shouldn't probably take anything from this. That might cost extra" I said.

"It has been paid by your husband, mam," he said.

"Ex-husband" I corrected. He gave me a look.

"Breakfast will be served in half an hour in the hall. It's a buffet" he said as he poured coffee in the cup and milk for the kids.

"Thank you," I said.

I placed the coffee on the table and Dina was already bathed and now drying her hair before the mirror.

"Is that what you're gonna wear?" I asked.

"Yeah. Jacelyn got it for me" Dina replied. "It's cool"

"Change into something else" I said.

"No! I wanna wear this! I like this dress" she protested.

"I'm sorry, you're not wearing that. Change it, now!" I said.

She shut the bathroom door on my face. I took a sip of my coffee, the best I tasted as I opened the newspaper and the first news, I saw was about the shuttle that was taking off this morning to the Grand Constellation. I did not see it before anywhere and it was large and taller than I imagined. More than 35 families are going, so I suppose it will fit alright. Dina came out with a red dress from the one we brought from home with a grumpy face and sat before the television and looked at some fashion show that is going on even this early in the morning.

I finished my coffee and newspaper and then took a shower and Jimmie was up and I got him ready and we all went down to the buffet where Caleb and his new wife Jacelyn were waiting.

"You know I'm pregnant, right?" asked Jacelyn.

"I'm sorry. He didn't sleep much. So, I let him sleep a little" I replied.

"Oh, buddy. Come to dad" said Caleb and picked him up. "What do you want for breakfast?"

"Bacon and eggs" Jimmie replied.

"Bacon and eggs. Good choice. Come on" said Caleb and we all went into the hall filled with people on the tables who are also going on the shuttle with us.

Caleb grabbed a plate for Jimmie and himself with a lot of eggs and bacon. I was behind Dina and Jacelyn and I got some eggs and orange juice. Dina got pancakes and a lot of syrup.

"Take some eggs, too. You can't just eat that for breakfast. Go on" I said.

She took eggs irritably and went to the table and we all sat and started eating breakfast. Jacelyn was just drinking orange juice. Caleb was feeding Jimmie who was refusing to eat.

"When do we leave again?" asked Jacelyn, correcting her makeup using her phone camera. "I hate waiting"

"Is it safe for pregnant ladies to go on a shuttle?" I asked.

"I asked when I got these tickets and yes. It's safe. We're not even going to feel a thing. It is just like traveling on a plane. Only taking off and landing is going to be a little shaky. But other than that, we're fine" Caleb replied.

"You'd like to just leave me here and go there, wouldn't you?" asked Jacelyn.

"No. I didn't mean it like that. I just checked. You don't have to always think I am the one who is going to do something when you're the one who broke this family apart like this!" I replied, angrily.

"That's enough, Lea," said Caleb. "I planned this trip for the kids who have been through a lot and they don't want to see the fighting on their vacation, too. So, if you're not able to control yourself, just leave."

Jacelyn was smirking and hid it with her glass subtly pretending to drink. I do not want to do this with them, but I have to be here for the kids and I am not leaving my kids alone with her. So, I had no choice. I just finished my breakfast and a man dressed in a tuxedo came in with a mike.

"Hello, ladies and gents. Sorry for interrupting your breakfast. I am Doyle Poole from the Grand Constellation. In about two hours, we are going to fly 120,000 miles up from the earth. I know, it's exciting! And also, congratulations to the luckiest 35 families who have been selected to go to the Grand Constellation this year. We hope you enjoy your stay in space. Thank you" he finished his speech and went away.

"Are you guys excited?" asked Caleb to the kids.

"I am, I am!" said Jimmie. "We're going to space! To the stars!"

"What about you, Dina?" asked Caleb.

"I guess" Dina replied, her eyes on her phone. "I do want to record my vlog and post a selfie on my social media"

"Does the internet work up there?" asked Jacelyn.

"There is a wireless network just for the people in the hotel" Caleb replied.

"There is also a television with channels broadcasting from the earth" added Dina.

"That's cool." said Jacelyn.

After finishing the breakfast, I and the kids went back to our room and packed our bags and a bellboy came and took it all away and said it will be all set in our room up there. I picked up my purse and phone and checked the room once and finally left. Four busses were waiting for us outside. We all luckily got into one bus and after everyone got in, the busses too off. After twenty minutes of traveling, we were finally there at the space station, and the shuttle we were going to go stood in the middle and it looked even bigger in real. We are going to space!!