Chapter-7

People were sent back to their rooms. The security came and covered the body and made everyone out of the show hall and just kept the people who sat on the front rows to ask them what exactly had happened. Me and the kids were in our room, Jimmie lying on my thigh, sleeping, and Dina resting her head on my shoulder.

"Why did he do that trick if he is not good at it?" asked Dina.

"Sometimes accidents happen. Even with well-planned tricks" I replied.

Caleb knocked on the door and came inside.

"How're the kids?"

"They witnessed two deaths; how do you think they are?"

"I know. Jacelyn's pretty much shaken up, too"

"Did you find anything?"

"Well, no. But I think it's just trick gone wrong"

"We should order dinner to our rooms. I think we're not going out to eat"

"Yes, okay. I'll come back later"

He went away and closed the door behind him and at the precise moment, my phone rang. I so much not wanted to pick up because I can guess who and what is the call about. My hands were shaking and my heart beating out of the chest. I picked up the phone and answered it.

"Hello?" I asked as I went to the bathroom and locked myself in.

"Guess what?" the same hoarse voice spoke.

"No, it can't be!"

"Why do you always assume that I carry the bad news?"

"You're saying this is not a murder?"

"Gosh, no. That is definitely murder. On previous murder, I didn't have any proof or murder weapon to show it to you. But this time, I do and this one is pretty much fascinating" he coughed.

"If you know of all these murders, why don't you stop it?" I asked.

"No, no, no. I can't simply do that. I don't even live in the hotel. I live far away, alone and away from human touch or even breath for almost seven years now and I must say, it has been grim" he replied and coughed again and spat.

"What do you want from me? Why are you calling me instead of the police?" I asked.

"Do you think a man such as myself say this to the police that the number one hotel in the solar system is trying to murder its guest, will they believe it?" he asked.

"The hotel is murdering people? what do you mean?"

"Spoiler alert!" he laughed and coughed. "But, yes"

"How is that possible? They will never get away from this"

"Oh, they're not planning to. Don't trust Ethel Whitlock. She's a tricky serpent that will chew your head off if you let her" he said loathingly.

"What do you want me to do?"

"I want you to get the murder weapon, examine it and find how a sword that has been used by the greatest magician of all time was killed," he said and cleared his throat. "And you must do this so without anyone finding out because, if you get caught, I am in no way of helping you escape," he said and hung up the phone.

I tried the number again because I still had millions of questions, but just like before it said that the number does not exist. Someone knocked on the door and I went out of the bathroom and saw Dina going to open the door.