Pertle (or is it👀): Sweet-Nothings

As requested by @glorybringer27 here's Pertle! (Or Turtle-Peril- whatever you want to call it) The art is not mine!

Peril was dreaming. Of this she was sure.

Kinda sure.

Kinda, sorta, mostly sure.

Peril had to be dreaming, because Queen Scarlett was dead, and Clay had saved her, and the Arena was gone. Or perhaps all that had been the dream, and this was her real world, a world dominated by the black rocks that kept her alive, and the watchful eyes of a queen that was more ruthless than motherly.

Because the sun beating down on her smokey scales felt real, and the roar of the audience sounded real, and the slitted yellow eyes watching her were really giving her shivers, and she had to impress them. The grainy, hot sand between her claws felt real, and so did the slight breeze that was making her wings sway.

This must be real, because she could feel that bubble of anticipation and fear in her chest, the one that meant she was about to take a life. That bubble meant that she had to put on a show, and she had to make it a flaming good one.

And oh, this must be real, because that look in the SeaWing's eyes was the one that haunted her nightmares and chased her into the dark cloud that was her waking thoughts.

It must be real because that SeaWing was looking at her with nothing but fear in her eyes as she raced to the other end of the Arena, her clamped wings beating the sand frantically as she tried to escape.

Peril glanced up at the royal platform and shivered, meeting that cool yellow gaze,

The noise around her suddenly seemed to sharpen, to full volume, and she could smell the scent of many dragons on the winds.

The rusty Dragoness threw back her head and roared, a booming sound that only made the audience cheer louder. She leaped after the SeaWing, her gaze zeroed in on her thick tail and she threw herself forwards and clamped her jaws around it, dragging her unwilling partner into the centre of the Arena, where she was visible to everyone in the stands.

Her victim shrieked, lashing her tail and flailing away from Peril, who chased her again, eyes hungry as a wolfs.

Make it interesting.

The thought came unbridled and unwelcome, but so were most things in Peril's life, and she listened to it.

She extended her wings and leaped into the air, circling the sands a few times before diving onto the SeaWings back and tumbling around with them, he fiery talons raking the tendons between her wings before leaping away again.

Her opponent shrieked again, thwacking Peril hard across the face before racing away again, her movements growing sluggish.

Peril noticed this, and swooped back into the air, diving in front of the green Dragoness and slashing her talons across her eye before dancing away again.

The emerald dragon made that noise, the one that also chased Peril into nightmares and out again, the noise that was like a thousand dragons had just set her on fire. Peril supposed it might feel like that, to her.

The SeaWing crumpled, her blackened scales sizzling slightly as Peril approached, wings arched towards the sky, as if that might somehow hide what she'd done from the view of watching dragons.

They loved it though, or at least their fear of Queen Scarlett made it seem like they did.

They hissed and roared at her, yelling insults and praise.