-5-

Monday

Semi's gently lulled out of sleep by an all familiar alarm. He stirred, barely gathering enough energy to turn over and turn it off. As he slowly ebbed into consciousness, he hears quiet shuffling somewhere in the near distance.

"Shirabu?" Semi mumbles, he's surprised at the low pitch and hoarseness of his own voice.

"You're finally up, Semi-San," Shirabu's voice called back.

"The hell...? How are you up so early?" He grunts, pushing himself into a sitting position.

There's a moment of silence and Semi knows Shirabu shrugged even without seeing him. He digs through his bag, grabbing a white t-shirt and pulling it over his head.

"Dunno, probably cause I went to sleep so early last night."

"Hm, is that so?" His question melts into a yawn as he lazily blinks his vision in focus

Semi walks towards the bathroom, stepping in to see Shirabu pushing his bangs back with a wired headband.

"Woah, I can see your forehead."

Shirabu turns to glare at him but stops, eyeing him with a horrified expression.

"What?"

Shirabu's hand lifts to cover his mouth, there's a moment of silence before he burst into laughter.

"Pftttt- Oh my god! What's with that horrendous bed head? Haha-"

"-what?" Semi turns to look in the mirror to find that he did, in fact, had hair sticking up in ways he didn't even know was possible.

"What the fuck?" Semi says, mostly to himself, exasperated, "I literally blow dried my hair before I slept!"

"Not very well, obviously," Shirabu wheezes.

Semi frowns, running his hand through the bird nest on his head. He huffs out a chuckle as he watches his junior laugh. The usual stoic face was replaced by a blindingly bright smile. Semi takes a minute to burn it into his memory.

He takes a step towards Shirabu and uses both hands to pull at his cheeks, "quit laughing, you brat," he orders, but his words lacked any real bite.

"Ouch!" Shirabu whines, puffing out his cheeks before swatting Semi's hands away.

It took every fiber in Semi's body to not completely melt over how absolutely adorable Shirabu was being.

He pulls the headband from Shirabu's head and ruffles his hair, "viola!" He says with a smile, gesturing towards the mirror.

Shirabu turns to find his hair in a similar state to Semi's, he gasps, "Semi you prick!"

They look at each other and Semi mirrors the smile dancing along the edge of Shirabu's lip. A soft bubbling laugh escaped him, and soon enough, they're both leaning against the sink, clutching their sides, laughing.

When the laughing finally subsides, Semi's out of breath. There's a rosy flush and a genuine grin on Shirabu's face, and Semi wants nothing more than to kiss him right there. Their eyes interlock, Semi sucks in a shaky inhale, lost in the pale brown orbs. Time seems to stop as he melts into the coffee pools, and their faces are so close together that he can feel Shirabu's soft breaths against his lips.

Then, the magic breaks, and Semi's suddenly hyper aware of the (lack of) distance between them. Shirabu seems to be thinking the same thing, because they both back away from each other, their faces ablaze, eye fleeting.