Chapter 3. Doctor Noah Colonley

"We have to go back!" Carrie shouts, April dragging her through the sewer tunnels.

     "We can't," April says.

     "What's going on?! What happened to my apartment?! What happened to my dad?!"

     Leonardo holds up a fist. Everyone behind him stops, except for Carrie, who continues to try to break free from April. The redhead pulls her closer, covering her terrified friend's mouth.

     The leader peaks his head around the corner, witnessing Kraang robots march down the sewer tunnels. As soon as the last one passes, Leo turns to the rest of the group, specifically Carrie. "What does your father do?"

     April uncovers Carrie's mouth. "Why should I tell you?"

     "It's a matter of life or death," Leonardo says bluntly. "What does he do?"

     "I don't know..." Carrie whispers. "Research? Science-y stuff." 

     "Then he still has a chance." Leonardo nods. "April, take Carrie back to the lair. The four of us will follow the Kraang, try to figure what they're up to."

     "Why do I have to go back?" April questions. "I can help."

     "You are the only one Carrie trusts. Take her back," Leo orders.

     Sighing, April stubbornly agrees. The turtles, as soon as they see April and Carrie trail off and turn a corner, begin running in the direction Leo had seen the Kraang bots march.

     Silently the team maneuvers through the tunnels until, eventually, they catch up to the Kraang androids. The robots come to an opening in the sewers, where other tunnels meet. In the center is a large hole, which would be used to drain any sewage, if this open sewer space was ever used.

     The Kraang stand around the pit in the center of the room, staring up. As soon as the last one finds its spot, one of the robots projects a screen in the center of them all. The face of a tiger mutant appears on the screen.

     Mikey gasps and before he can scream, Raph covers his mouth and pushes him behind the other brothers.

     "Do you have the doctor?" Tiger Claw questions.

     "Kraang has captured the one you call 'the doctor,'" one of the robots responds.

     "Bring him to us," the mutant orders. "Find the girl."

     "Kraang spotted the one you call 'the girl' and April O'Neil head into the sewers."

     "Search every tunnel. I am sending our soldiers."

     "Kraang requests that which the humans call 'time' with the one known as 'the doctor' to aid in the perfection of Kraang's experiments."

     "Bring him to the Master Shredder," Tiger Claw growls. "Or the Foot Clan will see to the extinction of your entire race."

     The video glitches to black and the projection fades. Leonardo turns to his brothers. "None of them can live. Leave only one of the robot bodies working."

     The three brothers rise from their positions and attack the unsuspecting Kraang. Leonardo, watching his brothers take down the robots one by one, climbs across the pipes running along the ceiling of the room. He jumps down onto the Kraang who had projected Tiger Claw's message. He disarms the robot but does not destroy the body or the Kraang inside just yet.

     "Wow. Good job, Fearless," Raph says, pulling one of his sais from the pink aliens, "You managed to almost take one of them out."

     "I had to make sure we left at least one," Leo defends. "You have a habit of disobeying orders and destroying everything."