It Happed So Fast

(Yep.....still a flashback..)

"Are you enjoying your birthday?" asked Jamie's father. "Yes but...I want to ask you a question." Jaime said. "Ok ask away, I might have an answer." Jamie's father joked. Jamie hesitated and then spoke. "When is my brother going to come? We have been waiting for a while." Jamie's father froze. "I don't know how to explain this to you Jamie but you're a big girl now and well...maybe you'll understand. Your mother and I didn't want to tell you this yet but I think it's time. We went to the doctor a few weeks ago and he said that the baby had some....complications..and we don't know if he will make it." Jamie sat quietly, listening to every word her father spoke. "Does that mean my brother is going to die?" Jamie asked. Her father didn't answer. Jamie looked up at him. He was staring at the moving road, not paying attention to his surroundings. A big truck moved into their lane and was coming straight for them. "Dad..Dad there is a truck." Jamie said. No reply. "Dad it's getting closer...DAD!" Jamie's father snapped out of his trance and dodged the truck. "I'm sorry about that Jamie. That stupid truck driver could've gotten us killed." Her father said. Just then her fathers cell phone started to ring. "Hello." said Jamie's father. "What's wrong?.......What?.........Are you ok?........We're coming home right now......." He hung up and turned around to the direction of their home. "Why did we turn around?" asked Jaime. Her father said nothing. They were speeding down the highway at 70 mph. "Dad slow down, I don't wanna die on my birthday." Jamie said.

~~~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~~~

Jamie's father pulled into the driveway of their house and quickly got out of the car. He rushed into the house not bothering to shut the door. Jamie got out of the car and slowly walked inside. Her mother was screaming in pain. Jamie winced and saw her mother on the couch being comforted by her father. "It's going to be ok...I'll call the baby sitter." her father said. Her mother slowly nodded as her husband pulled away to grab the phone. He dialed the number and frantically talked to the lady on the other end. Jamie heard her father say hospital and baby then he hung up. He went over to His wife and carefully pulled her off of the couch. He helped her to the car. A few minutes later the baby sitter showed up. She walked into the house and waved to the parents as they drove out of the driveway. She shut the door and sat on the couch. Jamie walked into the living room and sat next to Molly, her baby sitter. "Hi Molly." Said Jamie. "Oh hey Jamie." she said and smiled. Molly was a teenager a 17 year old in fact. She had long, blonde hair with pink streaks. She also had green eyes that looked happy and fun. "Why are my parents going to the hospital?" asked a very confused Jamie. "Your baby brother is on his way." said Molly . She picked up the TV remote and started flipping through the channels. "Oh yeah.." Molly said. "I heard that it is somebody's birthday today." Molly looked over to Jamie who was staring at the TV. "How old are you?" asked Molly. " I'm 6." Jamie said smiling. "Well," said Molly who got up and went to the refrigerator. "You can't have a birthday without cake." She took out a muffin from earlier and put it on the counter. She took out a can of whip cream and sprayed it all over the cupcake. She looked in the counter for a pack of candles, but didn't find any. She shrugged her shoulders and looked for a pack of matches instead. She found what she needed and took out 6 "candles" and put them in the muffin. She took a lighter out of her pocket and lit the matches. She signaled for Jamie to come to her. Jamie obediently walked over and saw the muffin. "It's not much of a birthday cake but it'll do." Molly said. "You should blow out the candles before we burn the house down." joked Molly. Jamie blew out the candles and ate the muffin. "It's not that bad." she said. Molly walked back over to the couch and watched the TV. "After that muffin you should probably go to bed." Molly said. Jamie groaned. "But its my birthday. Can I stay up a little longer?" she asked. "Nope. Strict orders by your dad." she replied back. "Fine.." Jamie walked upstairs to her room and got into bed. She shut off her light and went to sleep. A few minutes later she heard Molly open her door. "Oh and Jamie...Happy birthday." she said.