Search for the Wand

Akima's POV

Us girls dorm was horrible. All bright, pink and white. Mal shut the curtains, but we'll have to do some major redecorating. Anyway we're in the boys dorm to start our search for the wand. Carlos is playing some sort of game while Jay went through things he'd already stolen. Mal goes to talk to him while I sit at the table with Evie.

"Jay, what are you doing?" Mal asks him.

"Stealing obviously" I tell her.

"Okay, what's the point?" she asks him.

"Well, Mal, It's like buying whatever I want. Except, it's free" Jay tells her smugly.

"Okay. So, you could do that, or you could leave all of this here and pick it up when we take over the world" she tells him matter of factly.

"You sound just like your mom" Evie tells her.

"Thank you" Mal says smiling.

"You do it your way and I'll do it mine" Jay tells her.

"Akima, Jay, come check this thing out. Man, it's awesome" Carlos tells us.

"I'll check it out later" I tell him as Jay goes over. Carlos hands him the controls. Jay starts to play the game.

"Guys! Do I have to remind you what we're all here for?" Mal asks us annoyed.

"Fairy Godmother, blah, blah, blah. Magic wand, blah, blah, blah" Jay says and I chuckle.

"This is our one chance to prove ourselves to our parents. To prove that we are evil and vicious and ruthless and cruel. Yeah?" she asks us.

"Yeah" we agree. Jay stops playing the game and we gather around the table.

"Evie, mirror me" Mal tells her and she takes the mirror out.

"Mirror, mirror on the... in my hand, where is fairy godmother's wand... stand?" Evie asks it. The wand appears on the mirror. It looks like it's in a glass case of some sort.

"There it is" Mal says happily.

"Zoom out" Carlos tells Evie.

"Magic mirror, not so close" Evie says and the mirror shows the world. I roll my eyes. She tells the mirror to go closer several times.

"Can I try Carlos' game?" I ask them.

"Stop! It's in a museum" Mal declares. I notice Carlos grab the laptop Jay stole. "Do we know where that is?" she asks us.

"2.3 Miles from here" Carlos tells us. Showing us the laptop screen. The museum is on campus, not far. We could have the wand now and be home before sun rise. We grab our jackets and leave. We walk to the museum and arrive in fifteen minutes.

"Evie check your mirror" I tell her as we reach the entrance.

"Is my mascara smudged?" she asks me concerned.

"Yeah. And, hey, while you're at it, why don't you see If you can find us the wand?" Mal asks her.

"Sure. This way" Evie says leading the way. We reach a room with a security guard monitoring cameras. There's a spindle on display.

"That's your mother's spinning wheel?" Jay asks Mal unimpressed.

"Yeah, it's kinda dorky" Carlos tells her. She rolls her eyes as she takes out her mother's spell book. My dad and I have never been a fan on magic.

"It's magic. It doesn't have to look scary" Mal tells him and opens the spell book. "Magic spindle, do not linger. Make my victim prick a finger" se says. The guard gets up, but nothing happens.

"Impressive" Jay drawls.

"I got chills" Carlos says.

"Quiet you two" I tell them annoyed. "Try again Mal" I tell her.

"Prick the finger, prick it deep. Send my enemy off to sleep" she says. The guard pricks his finger on the spindle and falls asleep on the display platform. "Not so dorky now, huh?" she asks the boys. Evie leads the way upstairs to the gallery of villains. Where we see statues of our parents.

"Mummy" Evie says shocked.

"Father, Hayabusa" I say looking at the statue of my father and his bird.

"Killer" Jay says.

"I will never forget mother's day again" Carlos vows.

"Well, the wand's not here. Let's bounce. Let's go" Jay states. We leave the room and Evie leads us to another room. We soon find it and I notice Mal not with us.

"Evie go get Mal" I tell her and she nods her head. She left to get Mal. They soon rejoin us.

"Whoa!" Jay cheers. Going through a gate leading to stairs. That take us to the same level as the wand. It's in a beam of light. Jay goes to grab it.

"Jay, don't" Mal tells him firmly.

"She's right, it could be booby trapped" I tell him. He smirks ignoring us. He makes a grab from the wand. His hand hits a force shield and he's thrown back as an alarm goes off. "Way to go dick-ward" I say as I cover my ears.

"A force field and a siren?" Carlos asks.

"That's just a little excessive" Jay states as he gets to his feet.

"It is the fairy godmother's wand" I remind him.

"Lets go" Mal tells us and we make a run for it.

"Hurry!" Evie shouts as we the room with the spindle. Carlos answers a ringing phone.

"Hello" he says.

"Seriously?" I mouth at him as the others leave.

"Uh, uh, just give me one second. One second. Uh, yeah, yeah" he says pressing a few buttons. The alarm goes silent. "No, false alarm. It was a malfunction in the, uh, in the 714 chip in the breadboard circuit. Yeah. Okay. Say hi to the missus" he tells the person.

"Lets go Carlos" I tell him.

"You're welcome" he says as he hangs up the phone. We join the others and head back to our dorms.

"Way to go, Jay. Now we have to go to school tomorrow" Mal grumbles.

"Oh joy" I groan. We reach the school with no trouble. We say goodnight to each other and go to our separate dorms. Calling it a night.

A/N

Picture above of the boys dorm room and picture on the external link of the magic mirror showing the wand.