Chapter 12: Casket Girls Parade

Chapter Twelve

"Forgive me, father, for I have sinned," I offered the words to my Priest of an uncle. However, his face remained stoic. I chuckled awkwardly then. I thought I was funny. "Thank you for dropping them off with me," I said, moving along.

Kieran scowled, looking at Marcel who was too distracted with Zach who was in his arms, reaching for the star shaped tin decor pieces hanging from the ceiling. I frowned in confusion. Boys. Weirdos.

"What's going on, Gemma?" Kieran whispered. But of course Marcel could hear him. He was a vampire. I've seen enough movies and read enough books to know super speed and strength weren't the only common enhancement.

"Nothing, busy morning," I shrugged. He narrowed his eyes on me then. Lying to a priest. "We'll talk later. I'm going to take the kids shopping. We're joining the parade tonight."

"Oh, yes, the festival is in full swing," Kieran said. "Zach's been talking about it all day."

"Yeah, we have a few things to get for our costumes."

Kieran nodded, "we'll talk tomorrow. I have to get going."

I smiled in return and we hugged while he handed over Cheyenne's car seat. My baby still sleeping. Then my uncle left so it was just me, the kids, and Marcel standing in the cafe. "We're going shopping. You want to join us?" I asked Marcel who looked over at me surprised.

"Really?"

I chuckled, nodding, "Really, really."

He bit his bottom lip, putting Zach down. His eyes bored into mine with a heated look. "I'd love to," he said after a long moment.

I beckoned Zach to come along so we could leave. Then as Marcel held the door for us, I hissed as I passed him, "why are you looking at me like that?"

He reached out to stop me from getting too far, "Because I was afraid I had no chance of getting back into your good graces and... between these legs," he practically growled in my ear, placing a hand on my ass and pressing firmly as he slid it down.

My eyes widened as I elbowed him before his hand reached around to cup my sex. "Are you out of your mind?" I grumbled, walking quickly to put space between us and my eyes on my son who was looking at all the store windowed decorations for tonight.

"You're not that mad at me," he said. "You're weak for me."

"I am not," I argued, keeping my voice down.

"Let me carry her, beautiful," he offered, moving to take the heavy car seat from my hands. I nearly sighed in relief. My daughter weighed a lot in the carried to be lugged around in one hand while I walked.

"Mommy, can we go in there?" Zach asked, turning to look back at me. I glanced at the boutique filled with light up swords and shiny necklaces with a casket hanging front and center. I gave him a nod and he raced inside with us following along.

"So you're going to the festival tonight?" Marcel asked, lingering behind me as I ran my hands along the white dresses on the rack next to the swords Zach was looking at. I was no doubt going to have to buy him one.

"Yup," I answered, stopping to grab a white dress. It was long, layered and covered in mesh and lace. Covered from neck to toe. Perfect for hiding someone. Davina, check. I doubled checked the sizing before assuming it would fit. At the worst it's be loose on her chest. The bottom flowed outwards and she didn't have hips that would be confronted by the cinched in waist.

"That's what you're going to wear?" Marcel frowned.

"What's wrong with this dress?" I scoffed, holding it up for him to see.