Chapter 37

I'm going to marry her.

One Year Later

The last year had been magical — full of love and laughter. You and Daniela had spent most days in each other's arms. She'd either be cuddled into you and reading to you or you'd be laying over her lap while she spoke with her sisters. Today was no different from those days — aside from your mind being preoccupied.

Daniela had mentioned how she wanted to do something special this weekend to celebrate your one year together, and you knew just what to do. But you also didn't want to get up from Daniela's lap to plan everything, so you resorted to planning it all in your head.

The only thing that snapped you out of your thoughts was when her cool hand rested on your cheek. Your gaze shifted over to her, a smile making its way to your face. For the last eleven months you had gotten to fall asleep and wake up next to Daniela, which had made you the happiest demon around. She smiled down at you and tapped your cheek, causing you to sit up and let her peck your lips.

"Time to eat," She whispered, pecking your lips again. "Come on."

"What's for dinner?" You inquired, trailing your gaze over her. "You?"

"Of course not. I'm dessert."

"So there's dessert tonight?"

"In your dreams." Daniela giggled, letting you stand up before following suit. "You're going to have to wait until this weekend."

"Why so long?" You pouted, interlocking your fingers with hers. "You've been teasing me since Sunday. It's been so long."

"Darling... It's only Monday. The last time we had sex was Friday."

"Exactly, it's been too long."

"You are so dramatic." She laughed, kissing your cheek and pulling you through the halls. "Maybe one of these days I'll give in to that cute little pout of yours."

You laughed quietly and hurried to walk next to her, following her into the dining hall. Once in the dining hall, you took your seat next to Isa and wrapped an arm around Daniela's waist when she sat next to you. She let her head rest on your shoulder, bringing a small smile to your face.

Nearly a year of being around her had made you fall in love even more. From the nights you'd stay up speaking in hushed tones and sneaking around the castle to the days the two of you spent down in the cellar, torturing maidens and people that happened to wander too far onto the property line. Everything was perfect, so the date this weekend had to be perfect as well.

You had decided that you'd spend tonight planning it, making sure everything was perfect by the time Friday came around. Plates were set in front of you all, snapping you back to reality and allowing you to realize that everyone else had joined the table. You offered lady Dimitrescu a smile when you noticed her gaze on you, causing you to relax when she returned the smile.

Daniela sat up, pressing a kiss to your cheek before she started to eat. Dinner went on with light conversation, ending with Cassandra and Hunter dragging a maid to the cellar. You had watched with a small smile on your face as she clawed the ground to try to not leave.

You glanced over at Isa, watching them stand and send you a small glare. You knew they knew you had a part in the maid spilling wine on them, but you also knew they wouldn't say anything because this meant war now. They had started this whole thing anyway; you were just going to win it.

"Well, we should head to bed." Daniela hummed, gently tugging your arm once she stood up.

"You're right," You hummed, standing up slowly. "We should. Good night, my ladies, we'll see you at breakfast."

"Good night mother. Good night Bela."

"Good night Dani and [N/N]." Bela hummed, taking another sip of her wine.

"Good night dear. Good night [Y/N]." Lady Dimitrescu chuckled, watching as Daniela began to drag you out of the dining hall.

Once you were in the hallway, Daniela swarmed the two of you to your shared room, pulling you to bed after shutting the door. She stopped next to the bed and turned around, pulling down her cloak. You pressed a soft kiss to her neck, wrapping an arm around her waist to hold her close.

"Am I allowed to undress you?" You inquired, smiling at her giggle.

"Of course you are. Just don't take too long." She mused, tilting her head to the side when you went back to placing soft and slow kisses on her neck.

"Don't take too long... Got it..."

You began undressing her slowly, trailing your kisses down her neck and across her shoulder. She let out a shaky breath when her dress pooled around her ankles, earning a low hum from you. You watched her step out of the dress and toss it to the side, a soft chuckle leaving you as your hands roamed her porcelain-like skin.

Daniela leaned more into you as you did so, resting one hand on your cheek and the other on one of your own. You trailed your lips back up her neck, stopping when you reached the corner of her mouth. Her lips curled into a smile as she turned to face you, letting hers brush against yours.

"You are as tempting as always." She murmured, taking a deep breath. "But it'll be so much better Friday night. You'll finally get to release all of the tension from this week the way you want to."

"You drive me crazy." You growled, holding her close to your body. "But in the best way imaginable."

"You really are crazy for me."

"And I'll prove it even more this weekend."

"Well, now I'm eager."

You laughed quietly and took in her form once more, trying not to let your gaze linger anywhere. She may love you but she also loves to tease you, which means if she catches you staring at her, she'll do just that and leave you even more sexually frustrated. You pecked her lips to quickly clear your thoughts, smiling at her giggle.

Daniela pulled away from you to pull one of your sweatshirts over her head, making you laugh a bit more as you changed into something to wear to bed. Once the both of you were in bed, she huddled into you and rested her head on your chest, her fingertips lightly tracing shapes on your arm.

"Good night, my love." You hummed, kissing her head.

"Good night, darling." Daniela giggled, a soft hum leaving her shortly after.