Chapter 1: Time of Dying.

Perspective of "Ultron"

Beep...

Beep...

Beep...

Beep...

Beep, goes my heart monitor, in the rhythmic pulses of my beating heart. Signifying that I'm still alive. It's a good thing to have sometimes, as it cuts into the white noise of the hospital ward. I have the option to turn it off so I don't have to hear the beeping, and I usually do it on a regular day. But today isn't a regular day.

My favorite game Yggdrasil is being shut down at midnight tonight, it's 10:00 at the moment, and I haven't played the game at all today, mostly due to tests the hospital wanted to be done and physical therapy. Now you're probably curious as to why I'm here? Well, I have Osteogenesis imperfecta, or "Brittle bone disease" which usually wouldn't be much of an issue, I'd just need to be super careful, that and my arms and legs aren't straight, they're a little bent but I can't control that, it got that way when I was crawling like a baby.

Now that's not really enough to keep me in the hospital 99% of the time, is it? Well on top of that I have Osteonecrosis I was diagnosed that when I was 12, basically my bones are not only super brittle and easy to break but they're also rotting from the inside out, because for some reason the veins in my body don't reach them all that well. Fun. Now if that wasn't bad enough, I also have Muscular dystrophy. What that is basically is my muscles are breaking down and getting weaker.

So all around? I'm fucked. I don't even know how I got the other two diseases, OI is genetic and my father had the recessive genes for it, and apparently, my mom did too. So I inherited it naturally, the other two. NORD, and MD? My family has no real risk factors for it, nor does it run in our family, it just kinda happened. And I got more and more depressed about my condition, as no matter what dreams I had or... No matter what treatment I took. My body was hellbent on killing me.

The next thing they're gonna tell me is I have cancer! Oh...well, I probably shouldn't jinx it. Well too bad, I won't know. In the country that I live...Canada. Medical Assisted suicide is 100% legal. I'm 26 and my life expectancy has been cut down by a significant margin, and my "life" Is being shut down, so I don't really feel there's much to live for anymore. And my online friends live all around the world and actually have lives, and families, jobs. So meeting them IRL is going to be near impossible, since I can't take a shit without that cute nurse having to help me get there. Or without breaking a bone.

Yggdrasil was my only respite from my dying body, and this rotting, polluted world. And it's being shut down. In an hour and a half the servers will shut down and my world will be empty of the things that I love most.

Earlier today I had asked for the MAID treatment, Medical Assistance in Death. Specifically at midnight. I didn't want any more pain, NORD is extremely painful and with my tendency to break bones just by taking a step, you can imagine the agony, and I just got done signing the papers. When the cute nurse left my room, her name is Veronica, holding the clipboard I just signed, she looked sad for me. I and her would talk from time to time. Just small talk. But I could tell she was a very compassionate woman.

She never complained when she helped me and she didn't seem as though she didn't enjoy my company, she probably doesn't want me to kill myself... but I hope she understands my situation. She's seen the pain I'm in... damn it. Now I feel bad.

'Hope that date you were telling me about the other day goes well Veronica, hope Brad isn't a douche and treats you right, it's the least you deserve for as big of a heart you have."

I thought to myself grabbing my headset from the stand next to my hospital bed, pressing the on the button, and carefully strapping it to my head, careful not to hurt myself, more, and shakily pressing the button to boot it up, looking at the clock on the upper left corner I see its 11:45.