Chapter 3

Eridan feels uncomfortable, out of his element. Sollux and Karkat arrived a few minutes ago, breaking the quiet moment he was sharing with Gamzee, and now they are sitting around the coffee table, exchanging awkward glances, wondering who will be the first to break the silence.

Eridan hesitates, sweeping the trio with his eyes, before pointing to Sollux and Gamzee:

"So you two, you... together... ?

- Yes," confirms Sollux.

Eridan then points to Gamzee and Karkat:

"...and you two also, together you...?"

Karkat, a little more uncomfortable than the other two, nods gently.

Gamzee laughs:

"I can't resist him, Karkat is so cute in bed~"

The concerned one becomes brutally empurpled:

"BUT FUCK YOU ASSHOLE, I DIDN'T CALL YOU!

- In this case, it's me who fucks you~".

- YOUR RACE!"

Sollux rolls his eyes, used to his best friend's screams but also still annoyed. He sighs and stands up, inviting Eridan to follow him while the other two bicker.

They go to the kitchen, Sollux helps himself in the fridge as if it was at home, taking out a pack of beers that he puts on the work plan, before opening two of them and offering one to Eridan. This one accepts it, although a little timidly, always not very at ease in this situation.

" ... I hope Gamzee didn't bother you, he has no tact.

- Yeah, I... well... "

Eridan massaged the back of his neck, annoyed by his own hesitation:

" Yes, yes, in fact he annoyed me I find myself in the middle of a threesome, how do you expect me not to be annoyed? Especially after... Well... Anyway, whatever.

- Did he touch you?

- Wh-What?

- Gamzee. Did he touch you?"

Eridan swallows, looks at him nervously, and once again he has the feeling that the other is reading him with a disconcerting ease:

"... no...

- You're bad at lying, are you aware of that?"

The Ampora grimaces, looks away with a sigh, annoyed with himself:

"Yeah...

- ... Don't stress, if Gamzee were to cheat on us, it would be him we'd be angry at, not you."

Sollux shrugs:

"And then, as long as he didn't force you, he knows very well that we won't say anything if it's you."

Silence, before Eridan looks at him with big puzzled eyes:

" ... Excuse me?

- Mm?

- ... Why you... well... What difference does it make if it's me and not someone else?"

Suddenly, it' s Sollux who seems to be embarrassed. If he remains neutral, his cheeks take on a slight red tint:

" ... Well, it's that... Well... Gamzee knows that we won't say anything, because he knows that... that we love you... well... "

Eridan blinks, bewildered. He stares at Sollux, for a long time, waiting for a mocking smile, a phrase like 'I got you good', but nothing comes. Sollux remains as serious as he has always been, and this despite his face which becomes more and more red.