Chapter 2: A Growing Friendship

-February 4th, 2020-

-Taytum's Point of View-

  My mind was a blur as I processed what the hell just happened. Looking around me, I saw stunned looks from half the school standing around. Turning my head slightly, I saw Veronica with a smug look on her face. Anger started to form within me and I had half the decency to beat her ass up, but I could never go through with it. Therefore, I just sat still on the floor being the weak bitch that I am. Veronica bent down to my level and lowered her face to mine. Her eyes were so cold that there was no ounce of humanity in them and I felt myself sucking in a sharp breath.

   "Taytum Jase." She smiled. "You never seem to learn your lesson do you?"

   I looked at her with a puzzled look. "What do you mean?"

   "What do you mean what I mean? What is your ass doing socializing with Max, huh?" She examined her finger nails. "Can't you get it through that narrow ass skull of yours, YOU DON'T BELONG HERE AND YOU'LL NEVER BE ONE OF US!" She hissed at me sharply.

   "He talked to me first." I explained pissed as fuck.

   Veronica started laughing. "...And you shoulda walked off like you always do; that's the only thing you're good at." She snarled. "Listen, if I catch you near Max, looking at Max, or even breathing the same damn air as Max, a slap won't be the only thing you'll get. Got me?"

   I looked at her dumbass perplexed.

   "I SAID, got me, bitch?" She grabbed a chunk of my hair and yanked it.

   "YES!" I yelped.

   Veronica let my hair go and started laughing as she walked off and her dweebs followed after her. I hated her so fucking much, but there was nothing I could do, I wasn't strong enough to stop her. I eventually got up and bent over to pick up my books when I heard laughter behind me. I turned to see that it was Tyler, my crush and did I mention he was also an asshole, but yet here I was still liking the sight of him. He noticed me staring and then he began to walk over. I tried to scurry away when he pinned me against a locker and I muttered under my breath.

   "Get away from me."

   "Awww, what's wrong dollface?" He sarcastically asked. "I thought you enjoyed being this close to me, right?"

   "GET AWAY FROM ME!" I yelled out.

   A hall monitor heard the commotion and came rushing over. "What is going on here?"

   "Nothing, just checking on Taytum here and making sure she's ok." Tyler lied through his teeth.

   The hall monitor could see pass Tyler's lie and gave him a final warning. "Mhmm. Get to class and leave Taytum alone before it's another detention for you Mr. Ashton"

   I walked away from Tyler without a second glance and immediately rushed to Mrs. Rain's room. The kids in there grew silent when I entered and one yelled out, "That's the girl from the video. Veronica slapped the hell out of her, look at her face. I'm surprised she dared to show up."

   Putting my head down, I shamefully walked over to my seat. The bell ringed shortly after and Mrs. Rain entered the class. "Ok everyone, settle down please. We have a test in ten minutes. Pull out your notes and look over them."

   I pulled out my calculus book and started looking over some notes. The pain from the throbbing distracted me and I couldn't seem to concentrate on my studying. Soon, it was just too hard to focus and I began to find myself drifting off into that awful nightmare reminiscing about the incident that occurred earlier. Then I realized I couldn't take this test, I had to get out of here immediately.