Chapter 5: Grey Skies

-February 7th, 2020-

-Max's Point of View-

   I was shaken to the core in disbelief seeing Taytum crying and running out of my house. I ran after her to catch up and try to calm her down, but she was too fast; the car sped off my driveway. My head slowly turned towards Veronica as she laughed and rolled her eyes. The anger slowly built up and I found myself yelling at everyone to get the fuck out of my house. Everyone scrambled out in a hurry to leave except for Veronica. She wanted a death wish thinking that I was playing around when really I wanted to kick her ass out the front door.

   I stopped myself from doing anything stupid, but the anger I felt clouded my judgment. This party was supposed to be chill with good vibes only, but instead there's bitches like Veronica who sure do love attention and drama. I walked up to her with a look of disgust as she just stared at me with a cold smile.

   "I'm sorry that your girlfriend likes Tyler more than you, he's used to getting what he wants. But-" She paused. "-Maybe I can take your mind off of her."

   She went to place her hands on my chest, but I grabbed them in a heat of rage. I wanted to call her all these names, but instead I asked her, "Why, what has she ever done to you for you to treat her like that? Bringing up her dead bestfriend and shitting all over her name like that...what the hell is wrong with you?"

   Veronica spat at my question and scoffed. "Why not? I mean come on Max, you can have any girl in this school, yet you choose her and for what? Taytum was perfectly fine with being an invisible nobody and then here you come trying to change all of that."

   I began laughing at her pathetic ass. "You're mad because I've been giving her attention? Are you serious right now? What are you, five?"

   "How dare you?!" She yelled. "You must be really desperate to go after a nobody, huh?"

   "You know, Veronica-" I took a step towards her and she started to look around nervously. "...Maybe if you weren't such a bitch, someone would actually like your ass. Instead you spend all your energy and attention making Tate's life hell. Grow the fuck up and get out of my house!"

   Veronica looked taken back and raised her hand to slap me, but I grabbed her arm and shook my head at her. She screamed in rage and left in a hurry.

   I rubbed the back of my head and said, "Tate, I hope you're ok."

-February 10th, 2020-

   As I walked into school, I was hoping to see Taytum by her locker, but to my surprise she wasn't there. I couldn't blame her especially with what happened on Friday. I went to walk to class when I heard some gossip about the drama that happened at the party.

   "Can you actually believe that Julie was sleeping with Tyler?" One guy said.

   "I know right, that shit is wild. How did Veronica even get a video of them?" Another said.

   "Hell if I know, Tyler seemed shocked by the video too. But did you see Taytum, who knew she was that pretty."

   "Pretty or not, she still got dropped on her ass like always." A girl shrugged.

   "I feel sorry for Max. Imagine dating a girl and yet she has a crush on another guy."

   I couldn't take it anymore, I stomped over to their little gossip group and they froze when they saw me. "How about y'all find something better to do and mind y'all's goddamn business." I glared at them.

   They scurried off quickly and I laid my head back against the locker. This day just couldn't be over any time soon.

-February 11th, 2020-