Chapter 4: Hell Night

-February 4th, 2020-

-Taytum's Point of View-

   After the argument I had with my mom earlier this morning, I was hesitant to go home. During the car ride, I spoke to Cassidy about what happened and she was furious at her, but then again she understood why my mom was worried. She wanted me to seek help instead of resorting to self harm and I agreed I needed to see someone. It would be nice to have someone who'd just listen with no judgement and just hear my story.

   We arrived at my house and there were no cars in the driveway. I sighed at the thought of having no confrontation with my mom. I got out of the car and helped Cassidy carry her bags inside the house. It was nice to have my cousin staying for a couple of weeks, it gave us the opportunity to make up for the last three years we ain't see each other.

   It was about five in the evening and I decided to get some homework out of the way. I was in my room reading a chapter of a history lesson when there was a knock on my door. I yelled out to come in and Cass poked her head through the door and mischievously asked me what I was doing.

   "Homework. Did you need anything?"

   "Well..." She smiled that all too knowing look. "A little birdy told me there was a party at your friend, Max's house Friday."

   "...More like you eavesdropped into mine and Max's conversation." Rolling my eyes.

   "Anyway..." She ignored me. "We're totally going."

   I placed my book down and looked at her with a disturbing look. "What do you mean we? There's no way I'm going or even worse, dragging my wild and crazy cousin there with me."

   Cass came over and nudged my head. "First of all, I am not wild and second I thought you promised him you'd be there."

   "You must be deaf because I never promised him anything. More like he wants me there."

   "Come on Taytum. Quit being such a bore and live a little. He's totally crushing on you, show him that you're interested. I see the way you look at him. You better get your man before I take him." She huffed.

   "You can have him." I blurted even though deep down my feelings said otherwise.

   Cass snatched the book from my hands and closed it shut. "You're going to that party and there are no butts. You will not close yourself up in this room." She demanded.

   "Fine, Cassidy." I groaned.

-February 7th, 2020-

   I stepped out the shower drying myself off as I heard Cassidy screaming, telling me to hurry the hell up. Rolling my eyes with annoyance, I wrapped my towel around me and walked out of my bathroom. Stepping into my room, I saw Cassidy already dressed and she looked beautiful. She wore a red dress with black pumps and her hair curled. The gold pendant around her neck shimmered in the evening lighting. Cass walked into my closet and immediately began rummaging through my clothes.

   "Tay, we seriously need to go shopping one day because what the hell is this?" She pulled out a grey knitted dress. "Your mom doesn't even wear this."

   "Ha ha ha." Sarcastically laughing. "That's because she doesn't have taste."

   "More like the taste became sour." She came out my closet looking defeated. "You're wearing one of my dresses. I'll be damned if we show up to that party with you looking like a grandma."

   "HEY!" She left before I could say more.

-

   Fifteen minutes later, Cass finally came back with a jaw dropping black fitted dress with heels that wrapped around the legs. She helped me into the dress and shoes then fixed up my hair into loose curls. She then handed me some silver diamond jewelry and turned me around as her eyes started to water.