Chapter 3

A/N: thank you everyone for the reads. Once again if you notice any problems in the story please bring my attention to it. Have a nice day and enjoy :)

Nikolai POV:

"RUN!"

I turned quickly to see Lucan lunge towards Hunter

I hesitated before quickly running away. I couldn't kill Hunter, we're best friends. Well at least we used to be.

I ran back to the stables and yelled to Will

"Get some help. Hunter and Lucan are going to kill each other!" Will looked at me confused but still ran to the castle.

I had forgot that I hadn't told Will about Hunter but it wasn't important right now.

I sprinted to my room and grabbed my sword. I exited the room and started towards the entrance and started to run over to the stables, quickly mounting a horse and started to ride back to Lucan.

The adrenaline was rushing through my veins as my heart beat at an abnormal speed, the wind speeding past me.

I finally reached the woods and saw Lucan and Hunter. I hurriedly jumped off my horse and started running towards them.

Hunter saw me and turned to Lucan, "We shall meet again. Au revoir"

Lucan practically collapsed as Hunter ran off into the woods. I let him run away and ran over to Lucan.

"Are you okay?!" I cried, "That was incredibly stupid! You could have died you know!"

"You would've died before without a sword just standing there." Lucan replied. "That would've been incredibly stupid."

I shook my head at him. What was he, some know-it-all?

***

We had gotten on my horse and rode quickly back to the castle where Lucan got some medical attention, while I paced the room. I didn't want anyone else to die because of Hunter.

I should just leave and not come back. That would be better for everyone.

"Why am I in the hospital wing?"

I glanced up and saw that Lucan had woken up.

"Thank god! Lucan you're ok!"

"Of course I'm ok. I was just tired. I've been working a lot lately."

I blushed from embarrassment. Lucan shook his head and sighed.

"I guess I needed the sleep. Thanks dumbass." Lucan said.

I smiled. Lucan just stared.

"Well shouldn't you be working. I'm not letting you stay here for nothing."

I nodded quickly and ran off

Lucan POV:

I watched as Nikolai ran off to the stables. I looked down and couldn't get one thought out of my head. I get something when Nikolai smiled. It was a smile that didn't have much thought behind it. Just happiness.

I shook my head. I have to get that idea out of my mind. I have more important matters to deal with. Like in the forest. I hadn't even done anything other than I told Hunter to leave, and he just left. Whatever I did it made me very tired.

I decided that I should to see my sister. She might know something about this.

She's always busy with something anyway, but she never has any of her work done. She thinks I don't notice, but I do.