Chapter 14

MUBARAK 's pov

Man you all don't have to come with me" I whined eyeing my friends, what is this tradition of groomsmen escorting you to your bride?

My dear groom, this is the way things work here, blame the tradition if you must "usman said mimicking my voice.

You aren't scared she is gonna regret marrying your ugly face after seeing us, are you? Edres my friend from Istanbul said with a wink, I sure love this tradition of yours "Omar my Italian friend added with a beam

Well calm your horses because for me, i be going because of the bridesmaids "Bilal my other friend from london said raising his hands in defense, imma get a Nigerian wife before leaving. He added and we all laugh out

You sure gonna be lucky if you do, cuz they be good wifes, usman said proudly tapping him, I agree man "another added

I know buddy, there is this girl i am seeing in the state, and guess what bruh she is a Nigerian..what is that tribe? Igbo, yeah she is Igbo, so I know "he winked and we all laugh out.

Well can we stop this banter and go see our bride already? it's getting late"Omar pointed out and I felt like giving him a hug.

After a short ride we arrived at my mansion. No sooner as we stopped, the watchman ran to us smiling and congratulating me, we walked to the door and i must admit i am very nervous, we were greeted with a lovely smell cloud of sandalwood as soon as we opened the door, the house look different, there are some changes with the interior here and there which i must admit i really admire, Usman walked straight to my room upstairs and we all followed suite, he knocked with a salam asking for permission and after few minutes they let us in, I can't believe i am asking for permission to step in my own room today, No it's "our" room now right? I blushed at the thought "oh god Mubarak you are acting like a child now".

She is sitting at the end of the bed with her veil covering her beautiful face, all of her friends are on the bed with her, and now I'm thankful my niggas didn't listen to me when i told them not to come with, we exchanged pleasantries with them, usman started with the prayer and a little advice for everyone, mostly for me and my bride, then some little jokes that has everyone smiling, minute by minute I could feel my nervousness disappearing.

can we see our bride's face now ? Usman asked  with a smile

No, no, you guys gotta pay for that" one of the bridesmaid said

Whoaa..really? omar asked astonished, exchanging glances with the others, he probably has never witness something like this

Yap, really "she said popping the "p"

Ok fine ..anything for our buddy, so how much money are we talking about here " Edres aksed obviously also astonished with everything going on here.

Uhm let's see..thesame girl said with a stutter, smiling at the other bridesmaids.

Ok so we've agreed on 5million" she said with a serious face.

Five million "ok i am enjoying this "I tried to hide my smile as I stare at my bewildered friends.

Five million ? Usman asked again like he didn't actually heard her the first time.

And all the ladies nodded and hum in unison.

Can you just give it to them so yous can leave already"I muttered, as much as i am enjoying this i secretly want them to get this over with and leave . Usman gave me a dead look, not like he is scrimpy but i know how much he hates spending unnecessarily.

What? why are you all looking at me like that ?i didn't force y'all to come "I whispered again almost laughing out loud.

Ok..yeah 5million it is. But y'all know we don't have so much money with us now, usman said more like forced out of his mouth and god knows at this point, it takes everything in me to control my laughter.