Realization | 21

The Next Day... (Angelina's P.O.V)

I was still worried about Jace. I knew he said he was ok now, but what he was saying sounded pretty serious. I still really wanted to know what happened. It sounded like whatever happened to him had something to do with me, according to what he said to his mom. That just made me want to know even more.

But I still just couldn't bring myself to speak to him.. I guess I was just going to have to try and forget about it..

I got out of bed and went to my closet to get dressed for the day. I put on a navy blue fitted sweatshirt along with some black ripped jeans. I left my hair half up half down, brushed my teeth, then headed to school with Andy. 

Lunch... (Alessia's P.O.V)

Ever since what happened with Jace yesterday, I've been feeling really bad. I had no right to go that far. He seemed really upset with me which was completely understandable. I definitely thought he deserved an apology.

I wanted to try and find him to do just that.

Jace's P.O.V... 

When the bell rung, I headed downstairs and to my locker. After putting some textbooks away, I turned around to leave.

I stopped right away though when I saw Allie standing at the other end of the column looking at me, about twenty feet away. I sighed when I saw her, my hands going in the pockets of my cargo pants. 

I walked up to her, stopping in front of her. She looked up at me, seeming a little upset. 

If she was here to apologize, I wasn't going to hold a grudge but if she was planning on talking more shit, I definitely wasn't going to take it. 

"Hi.." Allie said seeming a little nervous. "Hi." I said back pretty plainly. 

"I'm really sorry for everything I said yesterday. I realized it was really out of line and I definitely shouldn't have put you in that position when you were already hurting." Allie spoke quietly but she sounded really sincere and like she felt bad. I felt glad, hearing her apology. "It's alright. I know you had good intentions for everything." I said to her with a small smile. She smiled as well. 

"And I'm sorry again for shouting at you. I just kinda.. blew up in the moment.." I apologized as well because I've been feeling pretty bad about that. "No, that's ok. You had every right." She said back quickly. 

"By the way, I had no idea you felt that strongly for Angie." Allie said with a smile, nudging my arm as we started walking together to the cafeteria. I smiled a bit, looking down. "Yeah, it's pretty intense.." I sighed with a small sigh. "I didn't expect that from someone like you." She said with a small chuckle. "Trust me, neither did I.." I said, also with a tiny chuckle. 

"It's really cute." Allie grinned as she nudged me again. "Stop.." I said with a small sigh and chuckle, feeling a little embarrassed. She chuckled as well. 

"I think it's really sweet that you're.. sacrificing what could've been.. just to protect her.." Allie said a bit more quietly, looking up at me with a soft smile as we walked into the cafeteria.  I looked down, silent for a few seconds. "It's not sweet, it's just.. sensible. When it comes to people you care about, you can't just.. The pleasurable choice isn't always the right choice. That's just not how it works." I said, stammering a little bit as we went to the closest empty table. 

We sat across from each other. Allie just looked at me for a few seconds. I looked back at her. 

"You really are so much more than what meets the eye.. She used to tell me that.." Allie said to me quietly, her eyes not leaving mine. I smiled a tiny bit but it faded quickly as I leaned back in my seat, looking down. "It's more her than me.." I mumbled pretty quietly.