Charlie | 23

Monday... 

I told my friends about what happened on Friday. I didn't tell Vic because I'm pretty sure Jace did that himself. Apparently Allie and Kyle already knew that Jace had feelings for me.. I wasn't mad at them for not telling me, I respected that they knew it wasn't their place. 

When I told both of them and Liv, they were all very sympathetic. They even took me out to the mall on Sunday to try and help me forget about it for a while. I appreciated it a lot but it was all just too soon to forget about. Jace and what happened on Friday was the only thing that's was on my mind over the weekend. 

Speaking of Jace.. we haven't had any sort of contact at all since that night. I guess we just both needed some space and a break from each other over the weekend before just trying to forget everything that happened between us and going back to just friends today. I knew I still wasn't ready but I didn't have a choice..

We told each other we love each other.. that was hard to forget about in just two days. I knew today was going to be a VERY difficult day. I was really just hoping that we would both get used to it after a certain point and we would lose our feelings for each other. 

Taking a deep breath, I got out of bed after shutting my alarm. I went to my closet to get dressed. 

I put on a red oversized sweatshirt with some black ripped jeans. I tied my hair half up half down, brushed my teeth, then went to school with Andy.

When I got inside, I right away saw Kyle in the atrium alone, on his phone. It looked like he was about to leave so I rushed up to him. 

"Hey." I said with a small smile as I got to him. He looked up from his phone at me. "Oh, hey." He said back, smiling also as he put his phone in his back pocket.

"How are you doing?" Kyle asked me comfortingly as he leaned back against the wall we were standing by. "It's still the only thing on my mind but I luckily haven't cried still since Saturday.." I told him with a small shrug. "Progress." He said back with a bigger smile as he patted my shoulder twice. I chuckled a little bit.

"Are you prepared to see him at all?" Kyle asked me. "No. I wish I had more time.. Two days was definitely not enough to just forget about that whole conversation and everything that happened.." I sighed while sighing. "Well, you're never going to forget about it, no matter how much time you have. Maybe it'll be better for you to just get the first interaction over with sooner. Everything might get easier after that." Kyle told me. "Maybe.. I hope so.." I said quietly, my hands going in the pocket of my sweatshirt. 

"Speaking of the first interaction..." Kyle said quietly and quickly, looking just past me. Before I could react in any way, I heard Vic say, "Hey guys." behind me before both him and Jace showed up beside Kyle and I. Vic had a big smile on his face and Jace just seemed uncomfortable.. He wasn't alone..

My head just wanted to fall into my hands right away. I was not ok. It was so obviously clear that neither of us were ready for this yet. 

When my eyes landed on him for the first time, I just felt like having him push me up against the wall and kiss me. This relationship just didn't feel right.. we were meant to be more than this...

But since I didn't want to lose him, I had to try and make this relationship work.

"H-Hi guys." I said, clearly pretty nervously but also with a small smile as I stepped aside a bit to properly form a small circle. 

As Kyle and Vic got to talking about something, Jace and I just so happened to glance at each other at the same time. Since we made eye contact, our gaze lingered for longer than just a glance. We exchanged small smiled while looking at each other and I felt trapped in his gaze.