Sick | 8

The Next Day... 

This morning I woke up with a very sore throat. I was also very cold, I couldn't seem to get out from under the blanket. Keeping my eyes closed, I put the back of my hand on my forehead. I was pretty warm.

Great.. I was sick.

This had to be the most inconvenient day to be sick. I had to go to school today because I had a big test in my civics class. I also had to give Jace his clothes back. So I couldn't even skip school..

So, I sat up in bed, coughing a bit because of my sore throat. Just as I took the blanket off of myself, I started to get shivers up my spin because of how cold I was. I got out of bed quickly and went to my closet to get dressed in something warm. 

I put on some black sweatpants as well as a dark blue and teal tie-dye oversized sweatshirt. I felt much warmer once I put it on. I left my hair down but put the hood over my head before going to brush my teeth.

After doing that, I went downstairs and that's where I met up with Andy. We got our shoes on then headed out to the car. 

"So.. sorry about yesterday. I've been feeling pretty bad about it." Andy spoke up after we both got our seatbelts on. I looked at him and he looked at me as well. "Just don't--" I started to speak but stopped when I realized that my voice was more than half gone. My goddamn sore throat.. 

I sighed, face-palming. This just made things even more annoying and inconvenient..

"Did you lose you voice?" Andy asked me, sounding very confused. I nodded, my head still in my hand. "Why? Are you sick?" He asked me quickly. Before I could answer, I felt his hand on my forehead. 

"Ang, your really warm.. Does this have anything to do with what you may have done yesterday?" Andy asked me. I looked back at him. I nodded. I was 90% sure this was because of the rain yesterday. "What ended up happening then?" He asked me. I opened my mouth to speak again but he stopped me quickly. "Wait. Text it to me. Talking may make your voice worse." He told me quickly.

So, I got out my phone. I texted everything that happened yesterday to Andy. I told him how my friend and I got caught in the rain, the bug bite, how he brought me to his house and how he lent me his clothes. 

I saw Andy's eyes widen a bit as he read the message. 

"Wow.." He mumbled before looking back at me. "I'm really sorry Ang.." He said, really looking like he felt bad. "It's fine. Just don't do it again." Luckily I was able to whisper so I did just that with a small smile. He nodded. 

"So uh, who's this mystery guy friend?" Andy asked me with a chuckle as he started the car and began driving. "He's a cocky little shit. Jace." I whispered with a small chuckle. Whispering was kind of hurting my throat more but it was alright, I guess. 

"How so?" Andy asked me, also laughing. "He never stops flirting, biggest player ever, thinks a little too highly of himself.." I explained while sighing. "Really? That doesn't sound like somebody who would care for someone as much as he did for you yesterday.." He said back, sounding surprised. "I know. It's like a whole other side of him." I shared my surprise with him. 

"If he's actually like a fuckboy but does stuff like that for you, I bet he's into you." Andy said with a shrug and chuckle. I looked at him right away. "Funny.." I actually chuckled a little bit. "Laugh if you want but it's just a feeling I got." He shrugged again, also laughing. 

Anyway, we got to school and by now, I was quite cold all over again.. not to mention my throat was still hurting a lot. Whatever.. just a few hours and then I could go home and have a nap.