Suspicions | 65

A Week Later... 

Jace, Liyah, Charlie and I have hung out twice more since the first time a week ago. It genuinely felt like a pretty nice friend group. Liyah and I were becoming pretty good friends and so were Charlie and Jace which made me really happy. Even Charlie and Liyah were becoming good friends, despite them having no interest in each other in elementary school. I was pretty excited about this. 

I got out of bed this morning after shutting my alarm and went to my closet tiredly to get dressed for the day. 

I put on a black cropped t-shirt with a black and white windbreak on top and some grey sweatpants. I tied my hair half up half down, brushed my teeth, then went to school with Andy. 

I was actually pretty excited for today. We had a field trip. It was for all the grade 11 English classes this semester. So that meant that I was going to have Liv, Vic, Jace, Charlie and Liyah on this trip with me. We were going to some museum. I had no idea how it related much o English class, but I was happy to have a day off from school.

When I got to school, there were four school buses at the front and a lot of students outside. I realized one of the groups was my class and my teacher. I assumed that was where I needed to be so I went and stood there. 

Eventually, I saw Charlie show up but he didn't see me so I walked up to him. 

"Hey!" I said with a smile. He turned to me and smiled right away, making my smile grow. "Oh, hey Angie." Charlie said, greeting me with a quick hug. 

A few minute later, I managed to spot Jace and Liv in another group in the distance but all we could really do was wave at each other. 

After a few more minutes of waiting, everyone finally started to get on their buses. Since Charlie was sitting with his other friends, I was sitting alone. I didn't mind though. Drives with just music were really calming and nice.  

... 

After a roughly half an hour long drive, we finally reached the museum. 

Everyone got out from the buses but unfortunately we had to stay in our groups so I couldn't see Jace or my friends yet still. So I was still just alone for now. 

Once everyone got off the buses, we headed inside. And after a bit more waiting inside, we were finally able to wander the museum. Luckily, now all the groups were able to wander and mingle with others a bit but not too much. 

So right when I was able to, I started walking to Jace. However, he ended up meeting me half way. Both of us grinned, embracing each other as we pecked lips twice before hugging. 

After greeting each other, we held hands and swung them lightly as we started walking with each other. 

"You're so lucky. You have Liv and Vic in your group." I said to Jace in a somewhat whine but also chuckle. "Come on, your class isn't bad. I mean you have Charlie." Jace said while chuckling as well. "Yeah, but it'd be fun to have you guys too. Besides, he's mostly with his other friends." I explained. 

"At least we get freedom to chill with people in other classes. Like right now." Jace said with a cute grin as he let go of my hand and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. I chuckled again, my arm loosely going around his waist. 

... 

At this point, we were still taking our time walking around and I was with Charlie again. 

"By the way, I forgot to tell you something." Charlie spoke up as we continued to walk. I glanced up at him with a smile. "During the last few soccer practices, Jace introduced me to some of his friends on the team too and I've occasionally been chilling with them and the other during lunch." He told me with a smile. "Wow, really?" I said pretty excitedly. "You and Jace are gonna be good friends in no time a this rate." I said even more excitedly and with a big smile. "We'll see." He said while laughing a bit.