Ch.2 Going back

~Y/n pov~

There were screams and shouts as people started to run towards the doors.

I could hear them banging on the doors.

Gunshots rang out and blood splattered as people got shot one after the other.

My brain screamed at me to run at get away but my body was completely frozen.

I was grateful for that.

I'm still alive.

But I have to make it to the other side to live.

I'm good at red light, green light... I can do this.

I took a deep breath to reassure myself.

A few splatters of blood hit my face as I flinched slightly.

Every time there was a bang I tried my hardest not to flinch.

The bangs eventually stopped.

Even if I could move, I wouldn't dare look back at the piles of dead bodies.

I noticed Gi-hun had been knocked down and there was a dead man laid half on him.

"I will now repeat the rules."

My ears rang as I ignored the sound and focused on calming my breathing.

When the doll turned back around, I moved until I was next to Gi-hun.

Everyone else was stood still.

The only other person who moved was the old man.

He was going to die anyway so I guess he didn't care as much.

"You need to get up." I told Gi-hun.

He glanced at me with fear present in his eyes.

There were a few more gunshots as the doll turned around which we both flinched at.

"She's right." Sang-woo ran up beside me, "You can't stay there much longer. I think that doll senses when you move around. You won't get caught if you're behind somebody else."

The doll turned to face away from us again and I advanced forward after sending one more glance towards Gi-hun.

Everyone paused when the doll turned to face us again.

There were a few gunshots before she turned back.

I quickly glanced back and saw Gi-hun had gotten up.

My confidence picked up as I moved forward with large strides.

I blurred out everything else and focused only on the doll and the timer.

I need to make it over that red line.

There were a few people who had already made it now and it was only a few more meters away.

When the doll turned away from us again, I ran towards the line and went over it just as she started to turn her head.

Letting out a sigh of relief, I turned to see who was still on the other side of the line.

I noticed Gi-hun a bit away.

Would he make it in time?

Someone grabbed his leg and tried to stop him.

Gi-hun looked at him with mixed emotions before kicking him off and running.

Sang-woo had made it over the line now.

There was less than a minute.

I felt like I was going to be sick.

Please make it, Gi-hun.