Ch.3 Dalgona

~Y/n pov~

"It's you." The old man stated when he saw us.

"Oh, it's a small world." Gi-hun responded.

"Do you live around here?" I asked.

"No. I'm staying with a friend for tonight." He took a seat across from us, "There isn't anywhere for this old man to go."

"Do you want something to drink?" Gi-hun asked before his eyes widened in realisation, "Wait.. can you drink? Is your head okay?"

The old man smiled and nodded.

"Are you going back?"

My eyes widened at the question, "Probably..."

Gi-hun stared at me with a shocked expression.

I smiled sadly and avoided eye contact, "I have no where to go and I have no money. If I don't go I'll probably die soon."

"I'm going too. There's nothing for me out here. My time is limited. I don't want to sit around waiting to die." The old man added.

~*~

I slipped my hand in my pocket and pulled out the card I had received earlier.

It was designed with a square, circle and triangle.

When I had gone back to the apartment earlier, I had found it on the table.

I'm not sure how it got there but it was a new one because it said 'same location as last time'.

I shoved the card back into my pocket before Gi-hun could notice.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me towards his house.

We were both soaked from the rain.

Luckily, my bag had a waterproof cover on it so my clothes weren't getting wet.

A man stopped us on the way to the gate.

He had an umbrella.

Lucky bitch.

"Seong Gi-hun?" He asked and showed us his police badge, "You recently made a report at the station, right? You said a group abducted people and make them play games. You also said the players were killed."

"Oh that." Gi-hun laughed bitterly, "I made that up when I was drunk."

He tugged my hand gently and we tried to walk past the man but he stopped us again.

"My brother went missing a few days ago and I need to find him. My brother had a card just like the one you had."

"I saw it on the street and just put it in my pocket. I don't know anything."

Eventually the policeman left us alone and we walked to his house.

There was a card stuck in the door frame.

Gi-hun's brows furrowed as he stared at it.

"I've got one too." I stated, pulling it out of my pocket to show him.

Gi-hun let out a sigh and opened the door.

He ran into one of the rooms and came back out, dumping a towel on my head.

"You can use the shower first." He told me, leading me to his bathroom.

~*~

We both sat on the edge of his bed and talked for hours about anything and everything.

He told me all about his daughter and about her leaving... and his mother.