Ch.7 Glass stepping stones

~Y/n pov~

Eventually, everyone who survived entered the room.

Player 101 looked at Mi-nyeo in shock while she just smirked at him mockingly and waved.

Gi-hun looked really upset.

He partnered with the old man, right?

Sang-woo was here but not Ali.

I wish Ali was here instead.

Sae-byeok was also here much to my relief.

Everyone was given food all we all went to sit somewhere.

It was completely silent in the room.

Gi-hun was sat next to me and Sang-woo was near us.

Gi-hun was just sat there staring at the ground, not eating.

It must've been really hard for him.

I took small bites of my potato and somehow managed to finish it all.

Nudging Gi-hun's shoulder to get his attention, I offered him a small smile.

He didn't smile back.

I leaned closer to him, "Please eat something."

He frowned and stayed silent.

I frowned, "Please... for me?"

He sat there unmoving for a few seconds before bringing the potato up to his mouth and taking small bites.

I took his free hand in mine and squeezed it reassuringly.

"Don't worry about it." Sang-woo broke the silence. "He was an old man you only knew for a few days."

How heartless.

I knew this was really hard on Gi-hun.

Gi-hun stayed silent.

"See that man there? His partner was his wife." Sang-woo nodded over at player 69.

Gi-hun finally looked up and looked over to the depressed man.

The man stood up.

"Let's just stop all this. I can't keep doing this. I can't." Player 69 looked down as he started crying, "The majority must agree. Well, come on, let's get out. Half of us, that's all we need to end this right now. Don't any of you want to leave this horrible place? Anyone who wants to go, stand up. Let's get out of here."

No one said or did anything.

"How can you call yourselves human?! How many of you can continue with this insanity just for the money? You just had to kill the one you were the closest to at this place, and you're good with that just to get money?"

I noticed Sang-woo get up from the corner of my eye.

"So what if we stop now? You think your wife will stop being dead if we all go now?"
Sang-woo approached player 69, "And she'll forgive you for letting her get murdered? If you can't keep going, then why are you alive right now?"

Sang-woo grabbed the trembling man by the collar and shook him.

"You should've been the one who died in there instead." He told him harshly, "See that? That's the price of being in here. And your wife and the other paid it with their lives. And you wanna go and leave? You wanna start from the beginning again?"

He was saying the truth but he was being way to harsh.

Player 69 started crying.

"You wanna do that? Starting over again from nothing with that guilt." Sang-woo dropped the sobbing man on the ground, "And is everybody here ready to do that as well? Go ahead, stand up! Let's see who thinks they are!"