Ch.6 Marble game

~Y/n pov~

"Another fight might break our once the lights go out. Let's prepare ourselves."

Sang-woo's voice broke me out of my thoughts.

"How so?"

"We have these woman and an old man. We're the weakest team here."

"You think women aren't as good as men?" I raised an eyebrow at him, "We can do just the same and better."

He glared at me but didn't argue.

I hope it's because he's scared of me.

Probably because I went off at Mi-nyeo earlier. She deserved it.

"Let's pick a weak team first and attack them." The religious dude said.

Player 240 scoffed, "The Lord's servant is the vicious one here."

"We're all sinners already. Our hands are drenched in blood."

"Offence is the best form of defence. Let's attack first."

"In the fight last night," Sae-byeok spoke for the first time in a while, "do you know how the man in front of me died? Someone he thought was on his side broke his neck. Do you all trust me? I don't trust any of you."

There was an awkward silence for a few seconds before Gi-hun stood up.

"All right. We should focus on protecting ourselves first. Let's set up a barricade before the lights go out. It'll help to have some form of cover." Gi-hun explained.

I stood up too, "Finally a good idea. Did we end up with all the dumb fucks?"

Some people looked like they wanted to protest when I said that but they stopped as I had already walked away and started creating a barrier.

Gi-hun came and stood beside me, "You seemed really annoyed earlier."

"Who wouldn't be?" I responded.

He nodded, "They deserved it but please try to calm down."

"Huh?"

"If you mess with the wrong person they might try and kill you. I'm just worried." His voice went quieter and I almost didn't catch what he said next, "I won't know what to do if you die. I need you. So please... live."

My eyes widened and I gazed at him with a loving expression, "You too. Don't die."

Gi-hun smiled and we continued to work in silence.

It was a comfortable silence.

Everyone else started to help too.

We were almost done now.

Gi-hun was about to put on the last part when Player 101 started talking to us.

"Hey, Ssangmun-dong. So desperate to stay alive." He smirked, "But you really thing this will help?"

"What about you? Those scumbags on your so-called team. Do you really trust them?" Gi-hun responded confidently, "If I were one of them, once the fighting starts at night, I'd take the change to kill you first. After all, you're the strongest one."

Player 101 looked shaken up at the realisation that he couldn't trust his own team.

He didn't say anything and glanced back at his team, slowly walking over to them.

Gi-hun moved the last bit into place, blocking our view of him.

I raised an eyebrow at him, "What was that about not messing with the wrong people?"