Meeting With B27

[Three Days Later, 1:37 pm]

Ava had finished fixing up her house. With some upgrades. New locks, traps, and places to hide her valuable stuff. She had gotten all of the serum she had stolen from Benjamin injected. But, she was still pissed. Benjamin had gotten the Absalate. His mission would be successful... unless Matt could stop it. Sam, Woods, Bailey... they weren't immune to it. 

Matt was. 

Well, at least to the radiation. He could turn it off. Whenever Benjamin decided to finally set the damn thing off. She had just finished putting her laundry away when her computer chimed.

Notification: 863 & Benjamin contact.

Ava, confused: What?

She tapped into Benjamin's phone and watched the conversation.

Benjamin:  Very clever, leaving something behind after rifling through my belongings.

Matt: We know you're not really Wes, so cut the act. None of that stuff belongs to you.

B27: Very well. What exactly do her little worker bees want with me now? Be quick about it.

Matt: A meeting.

B27: A meeting? For what purpose?

Ava blinked. A meeting? Wait...the tape. They saw the tape at Location 3. They thought Benjamin...

Ava: Oh, my God.

Matt: We found that storage unit you were clearly looking for, some pretty interesting things are inside it. Things that prove you murdered Wes.

B27: What?

Matt: You heard me, Ben. There is already enough proof for your conviction.

Ava: They know his name? Must've discovered some stuff since I last checked in on them.

B27: You clearly didn't uncover the correct evidence, then.

Matt: What could possibly be left?

What could be left?

B27: I have what you need

"What they need"? Serum? Antidote? Wait... the other tape. Benjamin, you Goddamn fool. Finally, you're not being so damned secretive and idiotic with these guys.

Matt: Then meet me tonight in the courtyard.

Whoa. Matt...

B27: Confirmed.

Ava blinked, then got up and prepared. She was going to have a lot of fun tonight.

[10:26 pm]

Ava was waiting in her car.

Any time now.

Soon, she heard a car door. She looked in her mirror and saw Benjamin drive away. She slowly pulled out and took another road out. She needed to get there first, so she could get into position. She had a baseball bat and a BB gun in her backpack. Just in case. She didn't want to be seen, just see what would happen. What is going on?

She pulled into a lot across the street, then ran to a corner in the courtyard just out of sight of a camera. She waited a few minutes, then watched Benjamin make his way across the lot. He stopped under a light, then pulled out his phone.

Texting Matt, probably.

Benjamin put his phone away, then waited. Ava prayed he hadn't seen her. She had worn all black, including a cloth mask just for tonight. She had gone to the trouble of painting her face too. She had done her best, she could only hope the shadows would do the rest.