Who Lives, Who Goes to Jail, Who Tells Your Story

[Spellbound Studios, 863 HQ]

Matt and Sam had left, and Woods had volunteered to watch Ava. It had been a couple of hours since Benjamin had left, and Ava was still asleep. Woods didn't know what to do. He just sat there, watching her, until Matt came in.

Matt: How's she doing?

Woods: Okay, I guess.

Matt: She hasn't woken up yet?

Woods shook his head. Matt sighed, then set his hand on Woods' shoulder.

Matt: Why don't you go with Tanner and some of the others? Go get some food?

Woods: What about you?

Matt: I already ate. Go on.

Woods nodded, then gave one last look at Matt for approval. Matt nodded, and Woods left. Matt sat down and sighed. He got his phone out and checked his messages.

Benjamin: It's going to take at least a month.

Benjamin: I'm not the great phantom you all thought me to be. It took so long to do what I've done. I didn't do it overnight, no matter what it looked like when you all got in.

Benjamin: Do you have a way to get in contact with Deb? She might be able to do something.

Matt: I'll try. I'll let you know what happens.

Benjamin: Confirmed.

Matt took another glance at Ava, then went to the computer. He pulled up Gmail and opened chats.

Matt: Do you have some time to talk? It's important.

John Doe: Yes, I do. What's going on?

Matt: Do you know where Deb is? Or how to contact her?

John Doe: Why?

Matt: It's...complex.

John Doe: Try me.

Matt: Deb has a daughter, Ava, who is sick. And Deb might be the only one who can save Ava.

John Doe: You do remember that Deb is a murderer?

Matt: I haven't forgotten. But, we're out of options.

John Doe: There's nothing the hospital can do?

Matt: This is..beyond the hospital. This is Syntec related.

John Doe: I see. I know Ava. I don't know where Deb is, but I can give you a way to contact her. Be straight to the point about what you want from her. She responds best to that.

Matt: Thank you. This means a lot.

John Doe: Don't thank me yet. But, you're welcome.

A minute passed, then someone else appeared on the chat. D3B863.

Deb: I thought you were done?

Matt: Not the time or place for that right now, Deborah.

Deb: When will that be?

Matt: I'm not sure right now. But you're daughter Ava Cobalt is sick.

Deb: And how does that concern me?

Matt: She injected the serum bomb. And the antidote doesn't seem to be working. Benjamin's already tried everything, including putting an antidote mask on her. But, there's only a couple of antidotes left.