Chapter 13: War Draws Near

Multiple POVs
Author's POV

(Song recommendation: "My ordinary life by the living tombstone (slowed + reverbed)")

After the events of the festival, Manburg began to spiral into chaos. Tubbo was not just a friend of Tommy's but a friend of everyone, and Schlatt ordered his death in cold blood. What little support Schlatt still had faded away. One by one his own people deserted his Nation to join the uprising. Fundy, Ponk and Jack Manifold had all left, leaving only Quackity, Karl and Schlatt on the side of Manberg. But this relationship was not without its troubles. For weeks Schlatt had ordered Quackity around, insulting him and completely disregarding his ideas.

It was enough, Quackity was more than one of Schlatt's pawns and he had to show it.

Quackity's POV

Schlatt called me down again. I'm starting to slowly regret this whole President, Vice President thing. This isn't the way I planned for everything to go. I make my way to the White House like he wanted. "I'm here Schlatt, what do you want?" I asked in a cold voice. "Fix that attitude of yours, I'm still your president remember," he growled. I scoffed, "Just tell me what I'm here for," He let out a hum and looked at the White House, "I think we should tear this down," he said.

"What?" I asked, "What do you mean tear it down, we can't do that!" "And why not Quackity?" He asked in an irritated tone. "This is where everything happens. This is the place that the congress go, what the fuck do you mean why?!" I yelled. "So fuckin' what nobody is using it now!" He yelled back. "That doesn't matter it has to stay!" I yelled. He rolled his eyes and started tearing it down.

This old man, always disregarding what I have to say. Constantly yelling at me for shit that's not my fuckin problem. I had enough of him... Something in me snapped, I took up my bow and drew it back. I then aim it in Schlatt's direction, I let go of the arrow shooting him in the back of the head.

jschlatt was shot by Quackity

Oh that felt so good.... I smiled showing my sharp teeth, I then notice that my eyes are glowing red. The sweet satisfaction of feeling free, that's the nostalgia that I'm feeling. I then chuckle to myself and put my bow away. I quickly made my way to Pogtopia, I'm done with this shit show.

Author's POV

Welcoming him with open arms, the three brothers greeted him at the door. The rebellion sharpened their swords, loaded their bows and prepared for one final attack on Manberg. In mere days, Tommy, Wilbur and Tubbo would have their chance to take back the nation they once loved and bring peace to the SMP. Well those were the thoughts of only Tubbo, Tommy and Wilbur had other plans for Manburg.

Not long after the festival, a new faction arose on the SMP. Although it would not be officially recognized for quite a while, the group still vowed to play a role in the upcoming war. Created by BadBoyHalo, the nation of the Badlands consisted of, BadBoyHalo, AntFrost, Awesamdude and Skeppy. Together these four sought to take control of the server through always helping the losing side of the battle. To keep conflict going indefinitely...

Although Manburg was clearly weaker than Pogtopia for the upcoming battle the Badlands would support the rebellion. At least until they were wining, most of the members of Dream's faction. The greater DreamSMP remained neutral all except Tommy during the battle. Not wanting to create unnecessary enemies. That being said some could not just stand by and watch their friends fight to the death.

One of these people was Eret. After betraying L'Manburg along side with Tommy in the previous war. Eret was made king of the greater DreamSMP for his efforts. He enjoyed his place as king, but everywhere he went he was reminded of that fateful day by the people he helped destroy. He couldn't live with the decisions he made, he regretted it all... But no apology would make up for what he did. No one would forgive him.. So he decided to show his allegiance and rebuild his trust.