Dual power

"Yep. So you aren't going to attack me, right?" Ino hung from a tree, looking very pleased at having started Sakura.
"No-do you know what happened? I have an idea of who did this-"sakura waved to the sounds of the sounds of fight coming from the way she had come. It seemed that her army was still holding out, which was good.
"Oh yeah-but first, let's get a little farther away from what I'm going to guess is your flammable army, and the mind controlled morons."
Flammable army? Well, they were made of wood, but it was still pretty hard to light 'em on fire.
"Talk as we run Ino." said sakura, and started to sprint, leaving Ino behind.
"OY!" Ino let go of the tree and dashed after Sakura, trying to catch up. "Sakura, I said lets get away, not you get away." Sakura smirked.
"You look constapated when you frown Ino."
"You look constapated always." Ino said, with a glare. "Anyway, I'll tell you what I know. We-Neji, Sasuke, lee, Hinata, were called by Naruto to come to the hospital-when we got there, naruto was blank faced, and when he placed this mark on them-he told us it was for protection-they also went brain dead-and then those that had been marked helped hold down the others."
"How'd you escape?"
Ino looked at her with a are-you-really-this-stupid look on her face.
"I am the goddess of the mind, remember? No mind tricks or illusions or hypnosis or whatever works on me. They tried, but when it didn't work I just ran, after-"
"Oh, yeah-" idiot me. "Ino, can't you also break mind things on others?"
"You interrupted me, and I was about to say that I tried, but it didn't work. So that means it's either a powerful deity who has powers mind or illusion or hypnosis related, or it's...." Ino trailed off, not wanting to say the possibility.
"A former version?" Looks like my research might be right.
Oh damn.
"Yeah."
So we are dealing with a previous deity of the mind-it something related to it-or illusions, like...Sasuke. Gods and goddess might be powerful, but they didn't live forever. War, sickness-they could die from everything but age-after 20, deities didn't get older. And when they did die, a new human was born with their powers, and was the new deity. And if the new one came back-though they had to be dead for powers to be passed on, though it had happened before-the current one would die when they reached full power. And usually, if they came back, war and conflict came with them. Last time one had come back was the last great deity war. Not to mention the process of rebirth-how in a family line, the powers of your family might be passed down, granting you abilities beyond your sphere-like sasuke. And there was even a theory that those who died as deities, came back as deities.
Now they had reached the end of Sakura's forest. From this point on, she would be out of her domain-well really, anywhere that there were cherry trees was her domain, but this forest had had her chakra in it for years. It was always in bloom, and just being in it boosts my power. But that's because...
"Ino, I need to get my stores, wait a minute."
"Oh, cool. Yeah, just wait a minute while those mindless fools try and find us. Great." Ino lounged on a log.
"Wait, sakura? Where are your stores? I haven't noticed any large bundles of chakra..."
Ino noticed Sakura's you-are-a-fool smile, and got frustrated.
"What? Where are your stores!?"
"Watch and see." And with that, sakura walked a little deeper into her forest.

Sakura stood in her forest, and felt for the power in her stores, felt for the power she had in this forest, the power that she would now reclaim.

Return.

Ino saw a storm of petals fall from the trees near them, whipping around sakura until Ino couldn't see her anymore.
The wind rose, the trees creaked, leaning into the heart of the storm. Now the forest for miles was shaking,
wind continuing to rush to the center.

And then it stopped.

Petals were suspended in the air, a tornado of them, frozen, with sakura hidden at its heart.

All was silent.

Then a quiet, low, hum came from the inside of the storm, and a green glow shone through the floating petals.
The hum built and built, then stopped.

And everything unraveled.

Cracks in the ground radiated from the center, throwing Ino off her log. The petals in the air, no longer static, exploded, rushing past Ino and covering everything around. Through them Ino saw Sakura's eyes-they were filled with glowing green power obscuring her pupil and white. Her eyes held power that could destroy, and power that could heal. Two sides combined in one.

A cloud of green chakra floated around Sakura's body, like naruto when he was turning into a demon. Her seal had expanded, a new pattern Ino had never seen before. It was fluid and sharp, beauty and destruction. The tendrils twined around Sakura's face, arms, chest, and legs.
The cloud of chakra moved, twisting above her skin into the pattern of her seal.
Then, with a flash, it was absorbed into her body.

Silence.

Ino got up, pushing the log off of her. Sakura stood, looking down, unmoving, her seal still all across her body.

Ino had never seen this amount of power from Sakura ever before, and it was terrifying. And the fact that the entire forest had been her store...
"S-Sakura?"